Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jay Bothroyd

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I think he has already signed for another club but, in any case, his salary expectation would not have fitted (correctly) into the model which has been agreed by the Albion board !

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Mid table like Everton is about right for him currently. Remember just had an England cap. Would love him yes but more chance of Bobby coming home I'd have thought and that's got to be about 0.00001% as it is this season Shirley. But yes he'd be a good fit imho.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Samej
Originally Posted by ferring seagull
I think he has already signed for another club but, in any case, his salary expectation would not have fitted (correctly) into the model which has been agreed by the Albion board !
Out of interest what is the current model?

Sorry it is Chopra who signed for Ipswich - not Bothroyd -must cut down !

No idea what the Albion's wage cap is but I imagine it will be about half of what JB was earning at Cardiff last season.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bothroyd has had one decent season in his entire career. I'm not convinced he's suddenly going to become a Premier League star now either, whoever he signs for.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I still think of Bothroyd as the lazy always-offside player I used to occasionally watch at Wolves. He has come a log way - probably above our budget.

kjgood

I have seen him quite a bit for Cardiff and I wouldnt want him at Brighton. He's lazy, falls over at the slightest challenge, and then spends half the game sat on his backside complaining, and although a tall guy, doesnt win anything in the air.

Word is he's off to everton, good luck to them!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
originally posted by kjgood
I have seen him quite a bit for Cardiff and I wouldnt want him at Brighton. He's lazy, falls over at the slightest challenge, and then spends half the game sat on his backside complaining, and although a tall guy, doesnt win anything in the air.

Word is he's off to everton, good luck to them!
Thank Goodness for that ! - sad for the Evertonians !

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I have seen him quite a bit for Cardiff and I wouldnt want him at Brighton.

Please, please, please tell me you're on a wind up?
Pretty please?

I don't know whats worse, people genuinely believing we could afford/attract him, or people not wanting him in our side. This being Bothroyd, the recent England international who banged in 20 goals this season.

Can't wait to see the reaction when some of our signings are revealed.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Please, please, please tell me you're on a wind up?
Pretty please?

I don't know whats worse, people genuinely believing we could afford/attract him, or people not wanting him in our side. This being Bothroyd, the recent England international who banged in 20 goals this season.

Can't wait to see the reaction when some of our signings are revealed.

I agree.
Alot of people on this board seriously need to be come to terms, people think players like Bothroyd and Earnshaw arent good enough to play for us next season! Seriously? These players have been scoring goals for fun in the championship and you wouldnt want them here? Come on now, we've just won league ONE not the f***ing Champions League.

kjgood

Stand by what I say, I live in south wales, my son is at the Cardiff Academy (And out with League of Wales side Carmarthen Town) therefore i have seen a lot of Cardiff for the last few years (I have to).

I really dont rate Bothroyd, a few games of his falling over and complaining and i guess a lot of fans would be moaning about him as the Cardiff lot do. Earnshaw however is a different matter, i'd have him tomorrow.

How Bothroyd was selected for England is beyond me, he really isnt of that quality. Yes he scores a few goals but then he had some really good players around him teeing him up.

Sorry, thats my view, i guess i've seen more of him than most in this forum, now Chopra! thats a different matter, shame he's gone to Ipswich.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here