Jay Bothroyd [Merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I assume that Gus wont be on the bus but travelling up later. If Gus does get on the bus then that probably means transfers are done for us.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Not as far as I could see. Not in the top car park, bennetts field outside the players entrance or the bottom car park.

The club coach is there though ready for the off

There's often parking round the front, in front of the shop. Not sure if you've looked there, although assume you've been all the way round :)

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
BennettsFieldBunny ‏[MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]nettsField
Just come out of AMEX to confirm Jay Bothroyd has signed. But more to follow.

This is a pretty confident claim and one, that if incorrect, blows his little game... we shall see.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I assume that Gus wont be on the bus but travelling up later. If Gus does get on the bus then that probably means transfers are done for us.

I read yesterday that Gus said he would be on the bus up to Burnley but will be on his phone all day sorting the remaining stuff out, so don't worry :)

Poyet expects From The Argus)

He added: “On Thursday we will stay at the club and do business. On Friday I expect we will be on the coach to Burnley still talking on the phone.”

seagullfromamex

Apr 6, 2012
Posted by our favorite BennettsFieldBunny:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I would be very happy with Boothroyd, he might not have an attitude that everybody likes but we could do with toughening up a bit in general. And I'm not sure who people would prefer as a target man type figure with the money we have.

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
Bobble hat & thermos?! I've left now. Was just there for a latte, but had to settle for a filter coffee as the machine was being serviced :-(
Haha the hat and thermos may not have been necessary, assuming that you had a car!? :thumbsup:

Im working in Lancing til 2, might have to pop up afterwards!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

This is a pretty confident claim and one, that if incorrect, blows his little game... we shall see.

Its deadline day. He's had his fun winding people up. Can say what he wants now and then disappear.

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
Why? Do you know both of them intimately, and all the ticks of their personalities? Otherwise this is bit of a pointless statement.
Just saying, they're both fiery characters from what i've seen, not so much Barnesy but Bothroyd.. I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on... Clearly someones taking deadline day a bit seriously???

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
They have a club doctor but wouldn't have thought they would have had sufficient medical equipment to carry out an extensive medical just basics like any other medical centre, but I may well be wrong and we have a mini hospital, but I would be very surprised. If they have, it was not shown on the tour of the stadium, which I would have expected.

What Does a Medical Involve?

In days gone by, the pre-signing medical was a formality and over in less than a couple of hours. In today's environment of plc's and multi-million pound transfer fees and wages, it has become a far more rigorous procedure. Recent high profile players who have failed medicals include Ruud van Nistelroy, whose move to Manchester United was put in doubt by medical problems. It is not surprising that the buying clubs want to ensure that the player is in top condition, but what exactly do they examine?

The first part of the medical will be undertaken by the club doctor, who will ascertain the player's medical history during the subjective examination. In the case of a foreign player, it may be necessary for the player's agent and/or interpreter to be present.

The club doctor will check for any previous significant illnesses and ask if the player has had any operations in the past. In addition, the doctor will check the family history of the player, which may be indicative of hereditary conditions.

Apart from major illnesses or operations, the doctor will check for past sporting injuries, which should be recorded in the player's medical file, made available by the selling club. This will give a picture of how often the player has missed training or matches and if the player has had any recurrent injuries such as hamstring strains or ankle sprains.

The subjective examination is followed by a thorough physical examination of all muscles and joints. The doctor and physiotherapist will assess the range of motion in each joint and compare it with the normal values. Some football clubs use isokinetic devices which give an indication of muscle strength. Some conditions can reveal themselves due to characteristic readouts from this machine.

Once the musculoskeletal system has been checked a more routine examination is undertaken, including checking height, weight, body fat, lung capacity, pulse rate and blood pressure. In addition vision, hearing and dental health are checked. An electrocardiogram (ECG) and echocardiogram are usually undertaken to rule out cardiac abnormalities.

The findings of the subjective and objective examinations will lead the doctor to order more specific diagnostic tests if required. For example, if the player has had a previous surgical reconstruction of an anterior cruciate ligament rupture, and there is laxity in the joint when it is examined, it may be necessary to have a repeat MRI scan of the affected knee to check its integrity. Or, if the player has complained of not feeling well in the past, the doctor may order blood tests.

If a problem arises, it may be necessary to refer the player on to a consultant, who can assess the player and advise the buying club on his medical status and prognosis. These supposedly routine examinations take three days, since the buying club must arrange for the player to see the consultant and have diagnostic tests at very short notice. It is not simply a case of opening the player's mouth and getting him to say "aagh"!

----------------------------------------

So nothing too complicated there, Asking basic questions, blood pressure, pulse and an ECG.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Just saying, they're both fiery characters from what i've seen, not so much Barnesy but Bothroyd.. I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on... Clearly someones taking deadline day a bit seriously???

Sorry, but lets not try and slag a player off before he even signs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports