Jay Bothroyd [Merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think you need to look at his stats again! He got 20 in 41 last season at Bardiff. Add to that the ability to hold the ball up to bring others into the game, and some height, he sounds ideal. Having said that, we would still need at least one more striker if we let CMS go.

Not last season, but I did recognise he has had one good season in the Championship...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You edited your post!
Yes, I typed the wrong thing to start with :lolol:
But I was confused because your quote had the corrected post.

Anyway I would be happy with Bothroyd if we could get him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Surprisingly I agree with quite a lot of your statement about attitude etc... however, much of this reputation comes from when he was a naive teenager/early twenty something. Since he joined Cardiff he seems to have grown up and sorted himself out. You don't get called up by Fabio Cappello if you're a lazy git.

CMS has proved to be pretty unspectacular, so therefore I'll trust Gus's scouting system rather than yours from now on!

Hang on. Gus signed CMS, who you think is a poor player, so you'll trust Gus on JB!? How does that work!?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
When will you realise that Gus will only play ONE STRIKER at a time. Where would Ashley Barnes fit into your plans, as our most effective goal scorer?

That is a great question PP! I honestly think Gus will play 2 up top when he gets the 'striker with presence' he wants... new striker, CMS, and Barnes to then rotate, i.e. 2 from 3 playing...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, I typed the wrong thing to start with :lolol:
But I was confused because your quote had the corrected post.

Anyway I would be happy with Bothroyd if we could get him.

Fair enough... I just think he thinks he is better than us, and he isn't...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Now officially tweeted

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I don't agree with that. It implies to me that he thought there was no chance of a deal happening. Very different

Well it appears that he was quite wrong then.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OK - well caught! I'll trust my scouting system over yours and Gus' then!! xx

LoL! TBH, I'd trust Gus over anyone on this board, but that doesn't stop anyone, including you and me, having an opinion! ;-)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
<< dupe >>

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Story up on argus website now. It's saying Hughes said Bothroyd has "no future" at QPR, implying this would be a permanent deal rather than a loan?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Big lad proven at championship level and would be fairly cheap, what could go wrong?:banana:

Billy Big Bollox disrupts harmonious dressing room?

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I'd be really happy with him, I'm just not keen on the "no chance" comment he made when someone asked about him coming here on Twitter.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports