Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jasper Carrot

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Just finished listening to an interview from 2006 with Jasper Carrot on BBC4extra (8am). I used to watch Carrot Confidential as a kid and found it quite funny. It is an interesting interview but what of his comedy?

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
I saw a couple of shows where it was set in a court room and he was on trial and the evidence was things he said in his past stand up performances. It was brilliantly done.

Anyone remember "Dave the cardboard box"?

Anyone understand it?

Remember a very funny routine he idea about standing in the home end at Old Trafford with his mate watching their team, Birmingham, play.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Quality comedian, some of his classics are The Mole, Car Insurance Claims, Hong Kong Street Restaurant, Setting Light to a Fart and an all time favourite, Nutter on the Bus ....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The detectives with robert powell. Early carrott is very good. Fubky Moped and yep the birmingham visit to old trafford is v v good. In with the neanderthal home fans and against the run of play birmingham score. My mate starts celebrating...this draws attention to the neanderthals...so i have to start punching him. What are you doing he says?" Im saving your life" says I.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I loved his late 70's/early 80's stuff, more of a funny storyteller than someone just telling gags.

Particular favourite was when he got pissed on a trip to Jersey and started directing traffic.

"What are you doing?"
"I'm directing the traffic"
"How long have you lived here?"
"Ooh, about five hours"
"Oh, comedian eh?"
"Yes, how did you know?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here