Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jason Steele is not giving up his spot easily

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We closed Sa down relentlessly in the first half. Particularly Enciso. I think it was a plan to fluster him, and it worked.

It is interesting how a Keeper like Sa, who is supposedly good with his feet looks flustered when closed down, whilst a major part of the way we play is to actively encourage other teams to close down our centre backs and keeper ???

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It was important we didn’t let them play through the lines. Much easier for us if they kicked it long up to Silva, who was about a foot shorter than our CBs.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I think that
It is interesting how a Keeper like Sa, who is supposedly good with his feet looks flustered when closed down, whilst a major part of the way we play is to actively encourage other teams to close down our centre backs and keeper ???

I think that really comes down to hard work on the training pitch for this sort of situation. The outfield players know how to position themselves for an out ball. Likewise, Steele knows exactly where they'll be.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
What really impresses me about Steele is how he knows where every player is and can work out the best pass under huge pressure. I know they coach these drills but it’s another thing doing it in the intensity of a match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here