Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jason Steele in hyper turq

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm led to believe that yesterday morning our Estonian-man-in-charge decided that none of our keeper shirts could be worn for various colour clash reasons, so the club dug out an old hyper turq shirt, got it printed up, and that's what Jason Steele had to wear.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I do wonder why he didn't wear the special european commemorative shirt. Unless they didn't have one in his size in stock?

Thinking it through, the ref kits for uefa are neon yellow, neon blue, black or orange so a simple green gk kit for either team would have worked

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I knew there was something odd about it, but couldn’t quite put my finger on what until I saw this

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wife loved it. Think that was the only opinion she shared last night.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
And yet the ref chose a colour of shirt for them to wear that was impossible to distinguish from the AEK shirts to those of us who are colourblind. Possibly the worst ever combination of shirts I’ve ever experienced, I know I’m not alone as my neighbour at the Amex is similarly afflicted. And I’m sure I saw Mitoma in the second half move away from the ref momentarily before realising who he was and then carrying on his move.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Not 100% sure why the normal green wasn't okay. Saying that, the ref was a blind prick so I can actually make sense of it now if it came from him

Tbf could have worn the (hyperred?) loads of them in the shop

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Yet he was seemingly happy with the AEK Athens subs warming up along the touch line wearing yellow bibs that were indistinguishable from their home shirts.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I'm led to believe that yesterday morning our Estonian-man-in-charge decided that none of our keeper shirts could be worn for various colour clash reasons, so the club dug out an old hyper turq shirt, got it printed up, and that's what Jason Steele had to wear.

Estonians love a rigamarole.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
And yet the ref chose a colour of shirt for them to wear that was impossible to distinguish from the AEK shirts to those of us who are colourblind. Possibly the worst ever combination of shirts I’ve ever experienced, I know I’m not alone as my neighbour at the Amex is similarly afflicted. And I’m sure I saw Mitoma in the second half move away from the ref momentarily before realising who he was and then carrying on his move.
Maybe that's also why Mitoma was marking the ref for their first goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here