Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jason Roberts

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Although he did also say that we are a great team and without any doubt expects us to be challenging for promotion this season.

He may have questioned the red card initially, but in the end convinced himself it was the right decision with his own argument.

I was more disappointed with the BBC report "Reading and Brighton shared the points in an uninspiring game which was largely a 10-against-10 affair."

The way I saw it, it was an entertaining 0-0 draw with lots of good movement, slick creative passing and great defending from us, and also playing without fear.

I didn't see it like that, I still think he was trying to say both yellows were debatable, which in my view they weren't.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I didn't see it like that, I still think he was trying to say both yellows were debatable, which in my view they weren't.

yep thats the way i saw it...he was correct re lua lua in that the guy barely touched him...however if u dive in like that you r asking for it...and the bit re the 2nd booking..its hard to defend a guy diving the opposite was to which he apparently was being pulled..but i guess as has been said he is a reading player and going to be biased....wonder if he went and had a chat with dearest adam after :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Right from the very beginning they were emphasising that Reading had won the last 6 matches between the two teams, and were expecting the same again.

I've already said elsewhere I thought Adkins was out-thought and Reading outplayed.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
ESPN (or was it ITV?) did exactly the same for the Newcastle game when they had Steve Harper down. Partly because of him, but partly because it was the premier league big boys coming to town, the viewers could be forgiven for thinking there was just one team in it. I think I remember that in the post-match analysis, Brighton didn't get ONE mention.

It's laughable really, but then that's the problem with getting just one player from one of the teams (Harper or Roberts), as opposed to one from each side, or one or two neutrals. Again my memory might be playing tricks on me, but wasn't Tommy Elphick alongside Jamie Redknapp for the Liverpool game on Sky (broadcast from the south east corner?).

I heard from a Reading fan that Roberts is set to be out 'injured' for a while. I think he's torn his release clause or something...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The bbc weren't much better

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24005999

Read the article, then look at the stats. I know nobody wants to see a 0-0, but we came close to scoring on numerous occasions - the Greer header, Crofts header, Barnes volley, Barnes hitting post, David chance...

It seems the media is determined to give is no credit today.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Funniest thing I've heard all week what a ****ing idiot !!!
The first half they didn't get it in our penalty box more than 3/4 times .
They had a 15 minute spell late in the 2nd and that was it !!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I read it on Hob Nob Anyone , if true he was lured to Reading with a £13M four year deal. He is appearing in "Meet The Russians" , a reality show on FOX UK. Have you seen his missus ?

I've no idea what Hob Nob Anyone, Meet the Russians or who is missus is. I still find it very hard to believe he is earning £65k a week playing second division football.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Roberts also resorted to the utterly face-palming, fist-gnawing 'well, there was contact' cliché to justify Pogrebnyak's swan-dive.

I actually thought Roberts was one of football's more articulate, intelligent spokesmen. Unfortunately, stick a Sky camera in front of him, he resorts to gibberish.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We've had CMS being pundit on our games, so can't really complain.

Surprised they didn't get Nicky Forster though, given his status with both clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here