Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jason Puncheon arrested

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
So are you saying Puncheon threw a firework?

No Thunder Bolt, I think you are reading things into my post a little here......

I said "Footballers are role models to many young fans. IMO, if found guilty, JP is not setting a good example, in a club where there is already a problem." CP fans have behaved with aggression recently and I call that a problem.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What problem? You must be the only person in the south who still believes that Palace fans had weapons. The tv, radio, local press, national press have all said the police got it wrong and there were no weapons.

I agree with you about the weapons, the non existence of weapons at the Amex, but they do have a problem with certain fans as btnbelle points out.

May 2016 https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/6...ck-off-Covent-Garden-FA-Cup-Manchester-United

October 2016 http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football...uring-palace-liverpool_sto5931033/story.shtml

April 2017 https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/602007/Crystal-Palace-Chelsea-Stamford-Bridge-Flares

Nov 2017 We know what happened at the Amex.

You will notice that it is always reported that Crystal Palace F.C are in trouble with the football authorities, but have you ever seen any action taken against the club for these mindless idiots that they have following them?

Last edited:

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I've only just realised he is due in court the Friday BEFORE our FA Cup tie with our favourite Croydon neighbours... :eek:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Footballers are role models to many young fans. IMO, if found guilty, JP is not setting a good example, in a club where there is already a problem.

Criminal convictions already have implications for someones employment.[/QUOTE]

Not if you are a Palace player you can go to prison and still remain on Palace books

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ccessful-appeal-against-assault-sentence.html

It is not a surprise then that Palace have such a problem with their fans behaving aggressively. Which is why I felt that if JP is found guilty, he should face sanction within the football community.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The bloke is barely getting any game time, in his position I’d be busting a gut to regain my place not getting involved in fights in the early hours of the morning.

Whether he gets done or not is neither here nor there it’s the lack of professionalism which is shocking.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Are you a spokesperson for the Sussex Police? What evidence do you have that Palace fans take weapons to games?

Eye witness at the scene asserts that he was accosted by six people and took his belt off to defend himself. Video clip on twitter consistent with this.

No, i am not a spokesperson for the police. I have made clear that if he is found guilty he should also face a sanction within the football community,

The evidence is clear, some CP fans were letting fireworks in the stand.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Evidence of Palace fans letting of fireworks and flares I think he means and there is plenty of evidence of that don't you think?

How does the ‘clear evidence’ of fireworks being let off by Palace fans - which nobody is questioning - relate exactly to the first paragraph?

Put another way, the fireworks being let off is clear evidence of what?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
How does the ‘clear evidence’ of fireworks being let off by Palace fans - which nobody is questioning - relate exactly to the first paragraph?

Put another way, the fireworks being let off is clear evidence of what?

Clear evidence of Palace fans breaking the law.

It is perhaps proof players and fans are both prepared to do, break the law.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here