Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jason Cummings - New striker?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Looks promising but that's a hell of a step up from the Jock Championship to ours...

I could actually believe this rumour to be true above the others simply because of the fact that Ewan Chester is our chief scout. However I have a feeling that Jack Harper could be in the first team squad for the Birmingham match and I don't see us going out and spending a million quid until he and the Finnish lad have been tested in the first team because they are all around the same age

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I heard from a good source that he didn't enjoy his time here. Same source also said that the most likely place he'll end up now is Fulham.

Interesting although not sure we'd persist with our interest if he didn't want to come back. Regardless, BG was saying someone had said he didn't want to come back which is different from what you've heard. He always seemed to enjoy it here so not sure what to believe tbh..

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I could actually believe this rumour to be true above the others simply because of the fact that Ewan Chester is our chief scout. However I have a feeling that Jack Harper could be in the first team squad for the Birmingham match and I don't see us going out and spending a million quid until he and the Finnish lad have been tested in the first team because they are all around the same age

It wouldn't strike me as the sort of player we would be concentrating on at the moment. The kid could be the real deal but we need someone who can exploit our great start, not someone for the future. I've not seen enough of the lad to have an opinion on that, but from his age I wouldn't expect him to come in and score 15 in the second half of the season which is what we would be looking for. The south American links make more sense to me, as they are that few years older, players who could be a cut above and potentially would have resale value should they score the goals but we still fail to get promoted.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I heard from a good source that he didn't enjoy his time here. Same source also said that the most likely place he'll end up now is Fulham.

You cant say that because it is exactly what I read but later I read Bolton were interested. unfortunately because I m not geek on computers and cant find the quoite that makes me a senile old sod

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Who said that and what was the source? Can you find that quote?

No the search facility doesnt work properly but I am reasonably certain it was said by somebody in a thread on here.

I said it on one thread I think. I don't know whether he enjoyed his time here or not although I seem to remember an Argus article where he sounded quite happy.

My assertion that he wouldn't come back on loan (made in the summer transfer window) is based on knowing someone who is pretty close to the horses mouth. That's what they said then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting although not sure we'd persist with our interest if he didn't want to come back. Regardless, BG was saying someone had said he didn't want to come back which is different from what you've heard. He always seemed to enjoy it here so not sure what to believe tbh..

What he heard was exactly what I read he didnt want to come back because he didnt enjoy his time here, what is so dfiicult to understand. You are trying to make something out of nothing.and because somebody has agreed with me you are trying to chang the gist of it.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Brendan Rodgers I believe said that if he went out on loan again it would be to a club higher in the championship or lower premier league so it would be a step up in his development

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm reasonably certain it wasn't. Why would Tex say he didn't want to come back here - why would he need to publicly say it? Also, I'm sure he enjoyed his time here...?

How can you be 100% certain that he enjoyed his time here? Maybe be he did, but equally from a purely footballing perspective, he did ok, but not brilliantly in my opinion.

Ma be, if he does go out on loan again, he will want to try somewhere different, and for a club closer to where he lives for example.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How can you be 100% certain that he enjoyed his time here? Maybe be he did, but equally from a purely footballing perspective, he did ok, but not brilliantly in my opinion.

Ma be, if he does go out on loan again, he will want to try somewhere different, and for a club closer to where he lives for example.

Just going on argus articles / interviews etc that's all.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What he heard was exactly what I read he didnt want to come back because he didnt enjoy his time here, what is so dfiicult to understand. You are trying to make something out of nothing.and because somebody has agreed with me you are trying to chang the gist of it.

I'm not I'm just wondering whether he'd actually said he didn't want to come back. Big difference between 'didn't enjoy time here' (in a piss poor season) and 'Wasnt it said on here that he had said he wouldnt come back and Bolton were interested in him'. I doubt there was a direct quote so yes trying together the gist of what was said as how you read, interpret and relay info on here has often been not 100% accurate...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Was that all his time here, or just his time when Hyppia was in charge ? ???

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The only thing I can recall seeing was tex saying he wanted to try to break into the first team at Liverpool. Maybe the change of manage has made that harder. I don't think he ever said he wouldn't come back

According to my Liverpool supporting mate it's made it easier, he's getting on the bench now whereas he was nowhere near the first team squad under Rodgers.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Very little inspires less confidence than us being interested in a Scottish player. Other than GG, they've all tended to be utter turd. Happy to be proved wrong though.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Very little inspires less confidence than us being interested in a Scottish player. Other than GG, they've all tended to be utter turd. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Jamie Murphy has been the best signing of the close season. Born and bred in Glasgow. Both Parents Scottish. Both Grandparents Scottish. Can't really get more Scottish than that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here