Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jarrod Bowen

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Singing for Palace for 16 million. To be fair that looks like a great bit of business.
NB. not done yet

I know nothing about him, but he was outscored by Maupay (and several others) in 2018/19 so I'm going to declare him shit and say Palace are welcome to him.

(Please don't score against us next month though)

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I know nothing about him, but he was outscored by Maupay (and several others) in 2018/19 so I'm going to declare him shit and say Palace are welcome to him.

You've jinxed it now Bozza. He's a good player. Not an out and out striker, which may account for why Maupay scored more than him last year, more one to comes in from wide positions to score goals. Fits into the category of player that Ashworth likes so must have been on our radar. Perhaps not THE priority at the moment. I fear he's a good signing for Palace.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

This.

Not sure what qualities he has that Maupay & Connolly don’t. Not the profile of Striker we are after in my opinion!

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I would prefer to sign Bowen having had several successful seasons in the Championship, rather than someone from Belgium, Holland etc as that has not worked in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Played a heck of a lot more times (albeit in the Championship) than Connelly and scored a fair number of goals...thats two :shrug:

Two very unconvincing reasons to sign a Striker who is probably slightly inferior to Maupay but has very similar credentials. We’re trying to replace Murray here not just sign a striker to calm the Snowflakes who just want a signing, whoever that’ll be.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Two very unconvincing reasons to sign a Striker who is probably slightly inferior to Maupay but has very similar credentials. We’re trying to replace Murray here not just sign a striker to calm the Snowflakes who just want a signing, whoever that’ll be.

LOL

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
WE CANT SIGN ALL THE GOOD PLAYERS.... It just doesn't work like that, please people. We signed our good players in the summer .... Maupay, Mooy, Trossard for a lot of money. This season hasn't got the points our play has deserved so we're in the mixer. But throwing more Mooy-like, Trossard-like, Ali-J-like, Maupay-like players into the squad helps how? Yes I would like a tall, mobile striker, someone like Raul Jimenez, Tammy Abraham, thats the kind of player we need to round off our squad. Bloody hard to get one this winter, but if they're available, we can try. Bowen, Berge, Samatta, as good as they might be none of them fit that profile..

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
WE CANT SIGN ALL THE GOOD PLAYERS.... It just doesn't work like that, please people. We signed our good players in the summer .... Maupay, Mooy, Trossard for a lot of money. This season hasn't got the points our play has deserved so we're in the mixer. But throwing more Mooy-like, Trossard-like, Ali-J-like, Maupay-like players into the squad helps how? Yes I would like a tall, mobile striker, someone like Raul Jimenez, Tammy Abraham, thats the kind of player we need to round off our squad. Bloody hard to get one this winter, but if they're available, we can try. Bowen, Berge, Samatta, as good as they might be none of them fit that profile..

I’d just take someone who could score a few goals to be honest.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here