Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Japan to release 1m+ tonnes of radioactive water into the sea

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Water way to have a good time - I’ll drink to that. Cheers!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The water will have had most radioactive contaminants removed, with the remaining Tritium, that is very difficult to remove diluted to a level that is very safe, much much lower than an x-ray would give you, it would make up about 0.05% of the radiation you receive annually if you came into contact with it. Not as low a level as is permitted in drinking water, but once it is dumped into the ocean it would soon become much much more dilute and it poses no real risk.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The water will have had most radioactive contaminants removed, with the remaining Tritium, that is very difficult to remove diluted to a level that is very safe, much much lower than an x-ray would give you, it would make up about 0.05% of the radiation you receive annually if you came into contact with it. Not as low a level as is permitted in drinking water, but once it is dumped into the ocean it would soon become much much more dilute and it poses no real risk.
Is the nasty stuff removed by rinsing it in sea water?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What about the fish?

Somebody needs to consider the gish.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
blinky1.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I imagine it’s already an issue. I was part of a global team and our colleague in Japan spent a good few weeks in hospital with a sushi related illness, partly because of mercury the fish had ingested or something

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here