Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Japan pre season

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
It looks like you can order tickets from here already

After you sign up you can get to the ticketing page. Diagram for the stadium looks like this...

1716772663545.png

Obviously we want the deep purple Brighton fans part. But free seating with no seat numbering? I'm gonna get there early. I suspect there'll be lots of local beer available and we'll even be able to drink while watching the game.

I think this is for local fans living in Japan but I haven't bought my tickets yet so don't quote me on that!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Just booked a pair of tickets for both games, Kawashima game in the main stand (cat 2) the Tokyo verdy in the Back stand..

Now just got to find accomodation & flights
I'm assuming you've brought direct from the Japanese end, since they're not on the Albion site yet?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I would hope the club will have sorted the new kit in time for these games.
There must be an opportunity to sell tens of thousands in Japan.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not a cheap trip, but if you can afford it, I absolutely recommend Japan as a destination. I spent a couple of weeks there in November: was a bit of a bucket list trip for me, and I loved every minute. Amazing country: the culture, the scenery, the people....it's just bonkers but brilliant.

Highlights for me:

-the bright lights of Tokyo- Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku etc. Neon everywhere, it's spectacular.

-amazing architecture, wide open streets, people waiting politely to cross roads even when there is no traffic at all, but the crossing light is red.

-riding a go-kart around Shibuya dressed as a Ninja turtle (if you want to do this, you will need to arrange it in advance as they book up early, and also you need to get an International Driving Permit)

-night time food & drink tour around Shinjuku. Loads of tiny back alleys with brilliant little izakayas (tiny bars). You have no idea how seriously the Japanese take karaoke until you've been in a bar there

-Japanese food is way more than just sushi. There is so much choice everywhere you go, from okonomiyaki to octopus balls.

-it's the safest feeling place I've ever been, without being remotely dull. People leave their bags and laptops on the table in bars or coffee shops and just disappear off to the toilets, without the slightest concern that anyone might nick it. I walked around different bits of Tokyo on my own at night without ever once feeling threatened.

-speaking of toilets, you have no idea how essential and brilliant a heated toilet seat is until you've experienced it. Not to mention warm water washer jets for, er, front and back, a gentle blow dry, and musical or birdsong accompaniment so nobody can hear you....y'know :lol:

-Mt Fuji is iconic. Every time you see it, whether from the top floor of a Tokyo hotel, or up close and personal, it's breathtakingly beautiful

-vending machines, everywhere, selling all sorts. You may ask what's so interesting about vending machines, but they're just...fascinating.

-the train & Metro network. Spotless, efficient and really easy to use. I used a couple of dozen trains while I was out there and all but one of them was on time to the last second (and the one that wasn't was only a minute late, and they were incredibly apologetic about it :D).

-the people. So friendly, always keen to help or chat. The conductors on the Shinkansen take a little bow to all the passengers as they enter and exit the carriage: I mean, what's not to like?

-Kyoto. Beautiful. So many stunning sights to see.

-Osaka. Mental, Totally different culturally to anywhere else I went in Japan, and the only place I saw any litter. But great fun.

-Hiroshima. Surprisingly beautiful, and poignant.

If I could get the leave from work in July, I'd go back in a heartbeat. If you can go, you really should.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
people waiting politely to cross roads even when there is no traffic at all, but the crossing light is red.

I see that as a negative. I'd hate having to wait for a light for no reason when there are no cars.

Otherwise it sounds great.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I see that as a negative. I'd hate having to wait for a light for no reason when there are no cars.

Yeah, but it's actually quite funny, just from a people-watching point of view.

I was on one of the main streets in downtown Osaka: think the Japanese equivalent of Fifth Avenue, and there was almost no traffic as it was early on a Sunday morning. Walking along the road entailed crossing various side streets. Despite the fact there were no cars trying to turn in or out, everybody would unfailingly wait for the green man before crossing the side street, no matter how small it was. It's bizarre, and funny, and yet you don't want to be THAT tourist who ignores the rule and just jaywalks across, so you go with it.

I was on holiday: I didn't mind waiting.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

I was on one of the main streets in downtown Osaka: think the Japanese equivalent of Fifth Avenue, and there was almost no traffic as it was early on a Sunday morning. Walking along the road entailed crossing various side streets. Despite the fact there were no cars trying to turn in or out, everybody would unfailingly wait for the green man before crossing the side street, no matter how small it was. It's bizarre, and funny, and yet you don't want to be THAT tourist who ignores the rule and just jaywalks across, so you go with it.

An equally fun counterpoint to the waiting for the green light on an unused side street is to wait until there are a number of people waiting with you then crossing and seeing how many automatically follow you before they realise the light is still red.

I say fun...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
An equally fun counterpoint to the waiting for the green light on an unused side street is to wait until there are a number of people waiting with you then crossing and seeing how many automatically follow you before they realise the light is still red.

I say fun...
I didn't dare: I didn't want to end up in a Japanese prison :lol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Same in Monaco…..the police will blow their whistles at you if you don’t wait for the green light. Guessing they have nothing else to do.

Funniest people-watching in Tokyo are the pissed up Salarymen stumbling around Roppongi after half a lager :laugh:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Are there any promising, young, progressive Japanese coaches we can throw in the mixer and start a rumor about?

After all, Big Ange coached in Japan. Not the craziest place to look.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Same in Monaco…..the police will blow their whistles at you if you don’t wait for the green light. Guessing they have nothing else to do.

Funniest people-watching in Tokyo are the pissed up Salarymen stumbling around Roppongi after half a lager :laugh:
Then they get on the karaoke like and go for it like they're up for a Grammy award!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Any way of guaranteeing the lower tier when booking the category 2 tickets in the BHAFC end?

It doesn’t seem to offer seat, row or tier numbers when booking. :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If anybody's looking to book flights to Japan I'd heartily recommend looking at Chinese airlines first. They may not be the fastest route to Tokyo but they'll almost certainly be the cheapest. Plus you may well get a bonus fascinating layover thrown in

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If anybody's looking to book flights to Japan I'd heartily recommend looking at Chinese airlines first. They may not be the fastest route to Tokyo but they'll almost certainly be the cheapest. Plus you may well get a bonus fascinating layover thrown in
……just remember you need a visa if it’s more than 24 hours

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

It's probably a good idea to do it, Japanese drivers never look where they are going and often run red lights.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've just returned this morning after 3 weeks in Japan.
I was going to write a summary but Edna's already done it for me.
I also loved the toilets and even found the loo on my Japan Airlines flight offering the same wash & blow dry service at 39000ft.
The food was great, and the service standards and efficiency was top notch.
Interestingly Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Osaka were also my stand outs. If any of you that are going haven't yet finalised your itineraries, try and get to those 4 places which can be easily done by bullet train.

I looked all over for an Adidas Japan shirt but couldn't find a stockist anywhere. And disappointinglyI saw no mention of Karou Mitoma either.
Weirdly there are hardly any bins anywhere for rubbish and very few hand dryers or paper towels to dry your hands (drip dry needed).
And make sure you take some English tea bags for where you are staying, the tea offered is usually green tea.
I'd love to go and watch the Albion play there but unfortunately I'm already due to be elsewhere.
I'm going back in October and I'm looking forward to it already.

DSC09090.JPG

DSC07596.JPG

DSC08588.JPG

DSC08454_5_6_Detailed.jpg

DSC07409.JPG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's probably a good idea to do it, Japanese drivers never look where they are going and often run red lights.
Same as cyclists here then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here