Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] January transfer window affecting The Premier

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Surely Villa aren't picking up his 6 figure weekly wage. That's what Chelsea were rumoured to be demanding but nobody's that stupid, are they?

75% is what they were saying earlier so approx 90k a week

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You mean this guy - :wanker:

Grealish-IReland-ev-2.jpg

Yep. I couldn't give a toss about his U21 career. Born in Birmingham, he's FAR too good for Ireland, it would be a total waste of his talents. He's shown this season that he can consistently perform in the PL, he deserves a call-up. But then you never can tell with Fishlips, he usually tends to stick with his faves.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Yep. I couldn't give a toss about his U21 career. Born in Birmingham,
There are more than 6 million people of Irish heritage living in the UK (i.e. parent or grandparent) - and almost 1 million who were born in Ireland - a legacy of British colonial rule in Ireland.

And it is not like England have never gone and scooped up a non-English player.

he's FAR too good for Ireland, it would be a total waste of his talents.

A serious bit of colonial arrogance showing through there Easy - Ireland is a small country so we can just dismiss them out of hand

Since 1988 Ireland have played England on 7 occasions - the results 1W for Ireland and 6Ds - in competitive matches - 1W and 3Ds - pretty poor return (against a small country that waste the talents of good players) for the powerhouse of football that is the English international team.

Now - I don't have a problem with Grealish playing for England - Irish fans don't want players who don't want to play for Ireland - but Grealish should be honest enough and come out and admit that the reason he changed his allegiance was money (it all started when he got an agent and was negotiating a new contract with Villa) - also he is not as bad as that other tosser Rice.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
There's something even more enjoyable about seeing his sad little face and terrible hair when they lose though.

Oh yeah totally. Quality player, absolutely shit hair.

I enjoy seeing Mings lose more though. Nothing against him personally but the way the Villa fans totally over rate him like he is a modern Franco Baresi and are so wrongly adamant he is better than Dunk really irritates me. As well as the total joke that he is in the England squad ahead of Dunk. I thoroughly enjoy every one of Ming’s many mistakes.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
After hearing the hype I thought I’d see what Grealish was all about, over the holidays I paid attention to Watford/Villa Jesus Christ he was pony running round like a headless chicken.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Ronaldo lookey likey with a Hugh Grant hairstyle:D

Sonic the Hedgehog in little girl's party socks. I don't think there's a player in the whole PL who irritates me more. I'm totally incapable of forming any rational, objective opinion regarding his football skills, he irritates me that much. Probably a lovely lad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There are more than 6 million people of Irish heritage living in the UK (i.e. parent or grandparent) - and almost 1 million who were born in Ireland - a legacy of British colonial rule in Ireland.

A serious bit of colonial arrogance showing through there Easy - Ireland is a small country so we can just dismiss them out of hand

Since 1988 Ireland have played England on 7 occasions - the results 1W for Ireland and 6Ds - in competitive matches - 1W and 3Ds - pretty poor return (against a small country that waste the talents of good players) for the powerhouse of football that is the English international team.

Now - I don't have a problem with Grealish playing for England - Irish fans don't want players who don't want to play for Ireland - but Grealish should be honest enough and come out and admit that the reason he changed his allegiance was money (it all started when he got an agent and was negotiating a new contract with Villa) - also he is not as bad as that other tosser Rice.

The money isn't in playing for England, its in playing for Villa.

And I think the reason he changed his allegiance from Ireland to England is because one International setup comprises of a young, vibrant squad under a forward-thinking manager, which is coming off the back of a WC semi-final, and looks a reasonable prospect to have some impact in the upcoming Euros and subsequent tournaments.

The other International setup is one of ever-dwindling talent, under a dinosaur manager (albeit on his way out), who will continue to struggle to even qualify for any upcoming tournaments, much less make an impact. Plus the FAI is an absolute shambles of an organisation, lurching from one financial crisis to the next.

Not hard to see why England are a far more enticing prospect to play for than Ireland. And at the end of the day - he IS english.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

Not everyone is money obsessed like you. Maybe he just enjoys playing footie; maybe, to him, it's fun!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sonic the Hedgehog in little girl's party socks. I don't think there's a player in the whole PL who irritates me more. I'm totally incapable of forming any rational, objective opinion regarding his football skills, he irritates me that much. Probably a lovely lad.

I find him incredibly annoying too but if he can play like that for England gliding around teams in the Euros and smashing balls in the top bins then I will not give a hoot. Absolute DOUCHBAG but absolute QUALLA.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Ah, 1988 - Jack Charlton's 'Irish' team of players qualified to play for England, but with an Irish granny somewhere, or a Grandad who once drunk a pint of Guinness or whatever. I mean, it's not like Ireland have never gone and scooped up a non-Irish player.

Pot and kettle, pot and kettle...........................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here