Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January transfer in activity

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Do you have to pollute every thread with your negativity? It's so boring.

Not negativity but realism, players will come in but not the unrealistic targets being mentioned, Williams if true could be a potential as coming up from L1. Just fed up with unrealistic targets being mentioned every day but whatever rocks your boat eh !

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would take Conway and Mason on 18 month permanent deals. Williams could come here and be back up for 18 months and be a good utility player but not sure if he would agree to be back up.

Chris Burke is rubbish and on high wages (20k plus at Birmingham), has good set pieces but offers nothing else.
Baird is old, crap and injured. No thanks.

I was just providing a list!
I agree re Baird, but received the usual mauling from the NSC mafia for daring to say he was over the hill / not the sort of player we should sign.
I disagree re Chris Burke tho'; always played well when I've seen him play. Dangerous. Creative.
I also think Williams would play more and more with our ageing defence; he'd be a youngster at 27! ;-)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not negativity but realism, players will come in but not the unrealistic targets being mentioned, Williams if true could be a potential as coming up from L1. Just fed up with unrealistic targets being mentioned every day but whatever rocks your boat eh !

Sorry, the people you said wouldn't happen included Williams (who you now say is possible), Conway (who's already signed for us this season on loan), Mason (who the Argus claim is realistic in wage terms), Burke and Baird (who we don't know about). Also, every transfer thread seems to have you moaning on it. I agree there's no point in continually linking us with ridiculous players but the other side is why not wait until next Friday to see who we've signed rather than continually moaning about transfers?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
For what it's worth, I can't see any way we won't sign anyone. We may not sign players that will impress people on here but I'm sure we'll sign a couple of players before the window closes.

Yes! An optimist!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If I had to guess I'd say Williams might choose us over Millwall and we will sign Conway.
Dont think we will get Mason (£2m+ when we have 2 strikers ready to return soon?). Dont see Chris Burke moving. For some eeason I couldnt begin to justify I wouldnt rule Wickham out.
Wild guess - reckon there will be one more addition - a name no-one has mentioned yet.

Bridcutt gone surely and Buckley too I reckon - both to Sunderland

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We also need to look at extending Obika's loan (or not?).
It expires mid-April and I have a feeling he could be a "loan to buy" signing if he can get some gametime - needs to start games though.

Last edited:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
We also need to look at extending Obika's loan (or not?).
It expires mid-April and I have a feeling he could be a "loan to buy" signing if he can get some gametime - needs to start games though.

We can't extend it after the window has shut according to the argus. I would hope at least one of CMS and Hoskins would be back by then.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes! An optimist!

I'm not sure it's that optimistic to say we'll sign someone. I trust the club. I'm assuming they're doing a lot behind the scenes and it will continue next week. It often happens like this. Last week is always quite busy in the transfer window.

Ignoring what I think, I don't see the point of judging the transfer window until it's over. I won't moan come next weekend, but if we don't sign players next week, people are welcome to moan if they must.

A bit of perspective is required. We're 7th in the Championship and still in the FA Cup so it's hardly awful.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
For what it's worth, I can't see any way we won't sign anyone. We may not sign players that will impress people on here but I'm sure we'll sign a couple of players before the window closes.

TB only signs players to be popular on here.

Tsk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here