Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January city breaks?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Taunton.You can train from Paddington,stay at the Castle,dine at Brazz,time it right to watch the Peacocks.Drink the cider.

English almost spoken.Currency is the £sterling.

A great place and no mistake.

Any comments on Rome?
If you're only there for a weekend, you probably need to choose between visiting the religious sites OR the ancient sites. Try to fit both in and you'll come away with no sense of having been to anything but a series of random tourist attractions that make no sense at all. Personally, I'd choose the Vatican over the Forum and the Colosseum, but you might feel differently. And then there's the streets off the Via del Corso, with the Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps all worth a walk.

I have been to Barcelona LOADS so not too sure! Will bare in mind, is anywhere on the Eurostar network any good? Brussels etc?

Think TGV = they run trains now connecting with eurostar in switzerland, belgium, even in Spain and I believe Germany. I get e-mails from Avignon, looks fantastic at the mo, easy to get to and Eurostar and TGV are doing there usual offers at the mo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here