Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan and early Feb

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Except the FA Cup could screw with the fixtures all over the place.

Not so true...

If any of the current top 10 go on a cup run and reach round 5, Brighton and Newcastle could be the main beneficiaries, with possibly two of their games against top 10 sides being postponed to outside of this time period... Huddersfield, Reading and Villa would have one postponed if they reach the same stage. The rest do not suffer...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Call me sad - go on, you know you want to, but I have been doing some analysis of the upcoming fixtures for January and February for the top 10 teams (currently down to Barnsley). There are a total of 11 games each during this period.

As it turns out, if you take each opponents relative position as an average then we have the second hardest Jan/Feb of the 10 teams, with only Barnsley having a slightly tougher time of it.

We play 6 teams of the top 10 during this period, compared to Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham who only play 3 each.

Fulham have a tough spell with their next 3 fixtures being against top 3 sides, but then they don't have another top 10 fixture until March - so a chance for them to make up ground.

Villa have a similar scenario with their next 7 games all being against teams currently ranked 14th to 19th, so again ample opportunity to rack up some points.

As has been said a million times, football isn't played on paper, but the stats do make interesting reading (well, for saddo's like me they do!)

We have a nice gap from 3rd at the moment and if we can be top 2 after the next ten games then surely the following 13 will be a walk in the park.

Obviously 1 game at a time but I'm glad we are playing such a run of fixtures on the back of an excellent 17 game run. Our squad must be confident about every game

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Are giving me the heebie-jeebies.

Away to Fulham and Preston, at home to Wednesday and Newcastle followed by away trips to Huddersfield and Brentford.

If we are still top 2 after that tricky little run I think we'll be laughing.

I posted a thread on this group of fixtures a couple of months ago.

Laughing? We're be crying with joy if we've maintained our gap to 3rd after those fixtures- we'll be all but up. Especially after signing new striker mystery X.

We are going to smash this league.

Optimistic little chap aren't I?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Are giving me the heebie-jeebies.

Away to Fulham and Preston, at home to Wednesday and Newcastle followed by away trips to Huddersfield and Brentford.

If we are still top 2 after that tricky little run I think we'll be laughing.

Given our goal difference even if lose 3 of them , we'll still definitely be top 2 whatever happens.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Villa have a similar scenario with their next 7 games all being against teams currently ranked 14th to 19th, so again ample opportunity to rack up some points.

*Pedant Alert*

Umm, how can Villa be playing their next 7 games against teams currently in 14th-19th, when there are only 6 teams in those spots?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Bedwetting thread of the year.

Everybody has played everybody once. Everybody still has to play everybody once. End of.

Let's just enjoy the ride and banish the doubts to the dark, dark recesses of our semi-pickled minds.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As long as we don't lose to Massive, Newcastle, Reading AND Derby at the Amex I'm sure we've got a great chance of top 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here