Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Smith

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Where has he gone? He held is own in every game he played last season... hard working and intelligent i thought. Could do the job to drag us up out of this rut?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
he cant do any worse than harley.......for some reason gus dont seem to rate him but he has always looked the type of creative midfielder we are crying out for when i have seen him

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
not sure he is the answer , stick with what we have for a while

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
There are a few that could do a job but Gus just wont do it. He is too set in his ways. Would rather play average players with experience rather than quality hungry youngsters. This is why I'm starting to lose my patience with the bloke

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There are a few that could do a job but Gus just wont do it. He is too set in his ways. Would rather play average players with experience rather than quality hungry youngsters. This is why I'm starting to lose my patience with the bloke

I can't deny I'm with you .. sorry as I am to say it. Blood a couple of the youngsters, there's some good rep's in the DS ... time for change

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location

It does seem odd we have a development squad and don't use the players. Forster Caskey could do a job, Ryan Simmonds is quality and quite why we have sent Steve Cook out on loan when we are short on defensive cover given the way he played against Liverpool is beyond me. I think Gus has done a great job but seems to be under the illusion only experienced Championship players can do a job in this league, but that has been proven to be wrong at the very highest level, think Man U 1992 etc.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
From the few times i have seen Smith there is nothing to suggest he wouldnt add something to the squad. Certainly more than Harley.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think that having seen Jamie Smiths performances that he offers any better than those that have played so would suggesta move to Orient would do him good. Other DS players like JFC are not big enough or strong enough to compete against Championship players, a lot of whom have been Premier League until they got slower and now rely on the brute force that they learnt then. To play them now or too soon would hinder their developement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here