Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Jamie Murray in train SHOCK

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't realise Jamie was preparing to shuffle off this mortal coil.

Thoughts and prayers.

el punal

I just went on the Southern Railways site to find out how much a single fare (adult, no railcard) from London Victoria to Eastbourne would cost for Sunday 2nd July. The answer is £9.50.

I just wonder if Jamie got his ticket off a tout along with his half ‘n half scarf? :drink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just went on the Southern Railways site to find out how much a single fare (adult, no railcard) from London Victoria to Eastbourne would cost for Sunday 2nd July. The answer is £9.50.

I just wonder if Jamie got his ticket off a tout along with his half ‘n half scarf? :drink:
Plus it's only £19 to go First Class. Murray is a mess :dunce:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

That's an advance fare, not off-peak.
Definitely needs to start planning his journeys further in advance though.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Jamie clearly recognises a racket when he sees one.

season 4 banshee GIF by Cinemax

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So the country is and I am quoting here '' in a mess '' because he can't be arsed to go and spend an extra 5 mins looking for a cheaper fare

Someone should point out to the poor lad, some of the real reasons why the country is in a mess

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
So the country is and I am quoting here '' in a mess '' because he can't be arsed to go and spend an extra 5 mins looking for a cheaper fare

Someone should point out to the poor lad, some of the real reasons why the country is in a mess
I think it's probably all connected. Cheaper public transport with a simple flat fee structure that doesn't require looking for the best price creates jobs, improves productivity, is environmentally advantageous, creates greater social mobility and so on. The cost of our public transport is one of many pieces that directly contribute to the country being a mess but it's a relatively easy one to fix and one that would have a wide impact on other areas that are a mess too.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
How is the excessive price of public transport a first world problem?
Rich people complaining about the price of their train fares ? No sympathy here. It’s a ‘first world problem’ for him because it doesn’t even register as an issue for him. And as others have said he could have bought a cheaper ticket if he could be arsed. Instead he moaned about it on twitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here