Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Cureton anyone?

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
Cureton is having a nightmare in Korea by all accounts. Only scored two goals since he's been there and the fans are really getting on his back. Wouldn't be surprised to see him come back to England. Knight and Cureton to fire us back to Division One?

I found the following comments from Busan Icons supporters on the English speaking fansite:

http://busanicons.hyperboards2.com/index.cgi?board=general

Icons Fanatic said: "Curo's been right bollocks, only two goals since he arrived several months back."

HolyJoe said: "I'm just curious as to how Cureton's Korean escapade will affect his future career when the time comes to go back to England, be it next month or November 2004. I don't really think he could be described as anything other than a failure out here, and popular consensus in the UK will be that the Korean league is of a poorer standard than the English 1st Division (that's not to say I believe it is poorer, just what the general opinion is likely to be). Is Cureton likely to plummet to the 2nd or 3rd division in the UK if/when he returns? He's not looked good at all whenever I've seen him here, and it should have all been so different."

Roger Palmer said: "You had a good reputation when you arrived but really you have been utter bollocks! I think you know it was a mistake to come so please, just quietly take your money and go back to Reading, you wont be missed. You can take Porterfield with you but we'll keep Cookie!"

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
I think you're right Ali. He won't come to us. The only way I think he'd come back to the UK in the next few months is if a second or third division club with money came in for him (Northampton or someone) and matched his ridiculous Korean wages.

It was only ever a mney thing in Korea as Busan play in front of 700 people most weeks. Hardly inspring is it? Porterfield (the manager) is on his way out too so expect Cureton to follow if a new boss comes in.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Just because he played for Reading, IMO he'd be a great signing for us, although it's highly unlikely. Remember the goal he scored against us last year?

Jamie will be back playing in England next month. Definitely.
I just hope he signs for Reading, then we can get rid of that useless old carthorse Goater!

Fancy having 'The Goat' down there at Withdean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here