Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Very odd spell with us. He started very well I thought, then contracted that illness and hasn't even looked close to capable of playing 90 minutes since.

I actually thought he had his best game for some time in the first half last night, albeit without finishing one of his chances. In the second half he looked knackered.

I don't think he's been fit for some time. I suspect the real Wilson is the one we saw when he first arrived and in the first half last night. His running off the ball (a feature of Lingard's game that was excellent - must be coached into them) is a real challenge to defend at times.

I wouldn't be upset to see him here next year but he'd likely have to be content with being a 3rd/ 4th option. At least initially.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very much hope we sign him. Young player who will only get better. Much quicker then Baldock and Hemed neither of whom are able to hold up play and feed fellow striker.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very much hope we sign him. Young player who will only get better. Much quicker then Baldock and Hemed neither of whom are able to hold up play and feed fellow striker.

I'd very much like to see Wilson stay. He's far more mobile than Hemed and far braver than Baldock. Both of those players appear to have pretty much reached their personal ceilings. Wilson is the future when he regains his energy after whatever debilitating virus is that he's had.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
no thanks

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Not that he's ours to buy but I don't think there's any doubt he will go on to be a superb player at a high level. Problem is he's been very average with us (almost certainly due to the ongoing effects of a virus). Based on what we've seen you wouldn't want him but I'd be willing to bet that if he goes on loan or is sold to another championship side next season he will score goals for fun. For that reason I think if we had the option of a season long loan or a relatively cheap purchase I think he's worth a go.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not that he's ours to buy but I don't think there's any doubt he will go on to be a superb player at a high level. Problem is he's been very average with us (almost certainly due to the ongoing effects of a virus). Based on what we've seen you wouldn't want him but I'd be willing to bet that if he goes on loan or is sold to another championship side next season he will score goals for fun. For that reason I think if we had the option of a season long loan or a relatively cheap purchase I think he's worth a go.
Totally agree

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Agreed. But only if we get another striker or 2 on so he isnt the ' only hope' of scoring goals when he comes on.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Problem is he's been very average with us (almost certainly due to the ongoing effects of a virus).

It might well be all down to his injury/virus or what ever it was

he got some virus and doesn't still seem to have recovered

He was ill .At Christmas. Which kept him out of the side for a few games.
Nearly 6 months ago.
When he goes back to Man U and continues to be inconsistent (because he's er, 20 years old) then I don't think they will be having much of this virus nonsense. Cos its nonsense.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
No he didn't. He said
"I was ill during the Christmas period and i've been in and out of the team (since). I've had to wait for my chance and i've had it (chance) in the last few weeks and managed to score today"
https://twitter.com/bbcsussexsport/status/727233744898166784

HE HASN"T GOT A VIRUS.

Wasn't inferring he is still ill at the moment. However it was definitely noticeable how much his fitness levels seemed to wane after the period in which he was ill. Certainly up until the last few weeks he has looked to be really struggling for breath in games.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You just have to ask why Manure never recalled him when they had all those injuries and played an unknown 18yr old instead. He would struggle in L1 at the moment. He was hopeless last night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here