Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do we miss him? Since his infamous chuck up on the tellybox I just haven't seen anything from him that we haven't already got. Hemed and Bobby Z work fine up front don't they? I guess it depends on how you look at a game. I believe Tomer is a confidence player, but he chips in on goals, he's done his drought, but more importantly he is a total grafter and I should imagine defenders absolutely hate him. We also have the untried Skalak and Murphy that can operate centrally, not to forget Baldrick. We've scored 6 in two games, not a bad return, and I think our problem was wide players, not centre forwards. Murphy has now upped his game to heights he probably didn't realise he had thanks to Knocky. All is well, we are ticking, Hemed is a beautiful fit, he is gelling with our legend. I'm happy, Guinness is flowing. Ching ching.

I think Wilson's pace and his eye for goal will be invaluable as we play a defensive game relying on counter attacking over the next few away games. I have seen a massive improvement in Hemed's form in the last two games but he is still very slow so I'll be pleased to see Wilson as an option, especially on Tuesday when I think we might be under the cosh for a big part of the game.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Saw him in town earlier, he was looking rougher than ever

spex-mark-e-smith-001.jpg

laugh out loud.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah. It is not like we scored three or anything.

Very clever and witty reply. Keeping to the NSC tradition of 'if we won nothing is wrong' and also 'I'm going to post like a smug sarcy ****' :thumbsup:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Imho Wilson is an ill man, he has looked really rough and gets knackered very quickly ever since that day he chucked his hoop up on the pitch.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But, in all seriousness, we have a top six scoring record so far this season. Is goalscoring really that bad for us?

Not at the mo but it was a few games back. We need to be prepared. I think Wilson is the most effective striker we have.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I've wondered whether Wilson is feeling home sick. A young lad moving a long way from home. Maybe long distance moves aren't suited to everyone. Just speculating of course

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would agree with Sheebo on this Wilson looks the real deal when he is playing... he clearly is not well and probably can only play 45 minutes at tops but he will be very effective in that time. The one thing which might stop him playing is the potential emergence of Murphy as an attacking threat. Personally I don't think the Hemed & Bobby partnership works that well, yes a real piece of class from Bobby to set up the goal but we were looking slow up to then. I think I would like to see Bobby or Hemed paired with a more mobile striker Murphy, Wilson, Skalak, Baldock though the latter have a lot to prove. It also depends on who we are playing...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Imho Wilson is an ill man, he has looked really rough and gets knackered very quickly ever since that day he chucked his hoop up on the pitch.

Yes, he has been ill for more than 2 months. Its that 'thing' going about, I would imagine . . . . like flu, without the temperature, shortness of breath, irrelevant when you're watching telly, but a nightmare when climbinmg the stairs to WSU, lasts for bloody ages . . . :down:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I've wondered whether Wilson is feeling home sick. A young lad moving a long way from home. Maybe long distance moves aren't suited to everyone. Just speculating of course
Blimey, its only for a few months, and Manchester is not the other side of the planet for a short visit in between his injuries/illness.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
As I said in earlier Bolton thread. How late was his injury ? His kit was laid out in the dressing room this morning along with the rest of the team for today .. I didn't see Jiri,s laid out ..

Colin Calderwood said after the game that Wilson felt a niggle in his groin when he arrived for the game, the physios inspected him (ooeer) and they decided to take the safety first option. Don't think kits being laid out is a true indicator of who is in the squad though, as Kayal took a picture in the dressing room with Towell's kit laid out in the background and he wasn't in the 18 either.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If the glandular fever story is true, surprised he has even been in match day squads, or that he is still with us. I had it in my early 20s and took me about a month to get out of bed, let alone do any kind of training. Can take months to rebuild any kind of fitness

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Someone was saying a few weeks ago that Ferguson had stated that although Wilson had the technical ability he did not have the physical capacity to become a top player, at the time I took it as idle chit chat but it does look like there might be something in it.

Could the loan be United s last roll of the dice with him, loaning him to us to see if he can play regularly week in week out, unfortunately it does not look like he is capable would be a shame if proves to be true?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Of course Wilson famously made his (Man U) debut against Hull City and nearly scored a hat trick.

And Bruce tried to get him on a season long loan last summer.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Hemed and Bobby together doesn't really work....need one of them, and a runner to work off whichever one of them is playing. If Wilson isn't fit would be happy to see Balders back in that position.

Groin niggle. Missed him today - Hemed & Bobby up tops doesn't work - too slow. Hughtons subs were great again today though..

We've literally just won the last 4 games by starting with Bobby & Hemed in which they've both either scored or assisted ...

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Someone was saying a few weeks ago that Ferguson had stated that although Wilson had the technical ability he did not have the physical capacity to become a top player, at the time I took it as idle chit chat but it does look like there might be something in it.

Could the loan be United s last roll of the dice with him, loaning him to us to see if he can play regularly week in week out, unfortunately it does not look like he is capable would be a shame if proves to be true?

I don't think 'physical capacity' would have anything to do with cardiovascular fitness, if a player couldn't play 30 minutes without being shattered he wouldn't be able to become a professional footballer. Would imagine he'll need to strengthen up to play at the top level, and that is what Ferguson meant with his comments.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We've literally just won the last 4 games by starting with Bobby & Hemed in which they've both either scored or assisted ...

Well aware of that, but as a partnership I think it's too static & would rather Wilson up there off one or the other...

We've done very well the last few games but that doesn't mean you have to agree with a partnership being strong. The midfield / wingers have been terrific and that's the reason IMO. Also the partnership is broken usually fairly early with a sub so it's not just a BZ TH partnership for 90 mins of these games we've been winning...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here