Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Wilson

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He looked absolutely knackered again last night.

Still ill or not fully recovered?

Less knackered than last weeks cameo ....looked fitter to me until he picked up a knock...created a couple of chances K and M should have scored both or at least got it on target

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
He looked like the rest of us, those that haven't seen the Sun since the end of October. A week lying on the beach in some sunny paradise would do us all a power of good. Or perhaps a couple of hours under the grass lights?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If what was said about him having Glandular fever was true it's hardly surprising. Still looked dangerous last night just, as has been said looks totally exhausted at times.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If what was said about him having Glandular fever was true it's hardly surprising. Still looked dangerous last night just, as has been said looks totally exhausted at times.

I posted that out of a clear blue sky. Poor lad certainly looks to be suffering from some kind of long term virus that is proving to be very hard to shake off that he's trying his very best to play through. Looks pale and frail as a ghost and has done for some time now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought his energy levels looked better last night. He did get a bit of a knock at one point though that left him with a bit of a limp for a while.

I've just posted on the Zamora thread that he looked fitter last night but I'd suggest that a) 90 minutes is beyond him and b) that's to do with the illness he had before Christmas. Only my opinion but he's gone from having to be dropped to throwing up on the pitch to having progressively smaller amounts of energy each week. TBH if he was 100% fit and only on the bench I'm sure United would have recalled him .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've just posted on the Zamora thread that he looked fitter last night but I'd suggest that a) 90 minutes is beyond him and b) that's to do with the illness he had before Christmas. Only my opinion but he's gone from having to be dropped to throwing up on the pitch to having progressively smaller amounts of energy each week. TBH if he was 100% fit and only on the bench I'm sure United would have recalled him .

Totally agree as mentioned in my post just above yours

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He looked absolutely knackered again last night.

Still ill or not fully recovered?

If he has what I had, his energy levels will be limited. Mine still are (I got sick in November).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Had a couple of decent chances to strike but took an extra touch or dithered each time. Looked clearly unfit which you'd think would link back to his illness. Gives CH such a different option to BZ and Hemed. A great addition to the squad, and when fit....... the mouth waters.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
May sound strange but I think it could be the effect of coming on as a sub.

I'm a quick player, now a sprinter, when I used to play I always needed 20-30mins of fairy high intensity running to feel warmed up. I'd do this before kick off and if I started I could run all game with high intensity sprints for the full 90 like Knockart for example.
If I came off the bench I wasn't in that same zone and I'd be blowing after 5 mins. It would take me a little while to warm up then I'd be fine.

Yesterday for Wilson he got thrown into a counter attacking game and made some big sprints straight away, that would take a bit to recover from. When you start a game the game doesn't usually start full throttle and you can warm into it.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I thought he looked very much quicker last night and was of the opinion that he had recovered from his illness/virus or whatever it was

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
He only looked to struggle a little after being brought down in the box when he was through and about to shoot. (Obviously got a knock from it)

It was a perfectly timed sliding tackle by the defender to clear and never a penalty, but Wilson then collided with them after the clearance

This.
He was limping afterwards, and carried a slight limp throughout the match.
It seemed to be exacerbated when he made a lunge about 5 minutes later.

I think the kid has a big heart, playing while injured and doing his best for the team.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I thought he looked very much quicker last night and was of the opinion that he had recovered from his illness/virus or whatever it was

He was awful, control non existent and decision making poor. Remember this lad was knocking on the first team door of one of the biggest clubs in world football, he is clearly not fit, which is a tragedy for us as a fully fit Wilson would at least of bagged a brace last night. Don't even get me started on his hair.:mad:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought he had a lot more stamina last night. Kept running throughout the half, despite spending a lot of time being the only one chasing down balls over the top.
Think he's on the way back from whatever it was.

Agreed. I think he's looked much better the last 2 games..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On another note, what a player he is. His run and cross for AK to put just over was fantastic to watch...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here