Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson Song (agreed)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Call me old fashioned but I've always thought players get songs once they've earned one.
He is ON LOAN and has done f'all yet.
If you think I'm singing a song with any reference to Manchester in it (unless it includes very rude abuse) then you're wrong too ;-)

This, Wilson might be good. At the moment he is just some kid from a big club, who may only be here a month (28 day break clause). I think I will wait until he does something before I start singing his name.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This, Wilson might be good. At the moment he is just some kid from a big club, who may only be here a month (28 day break clause). I think I will wait until he does something before I start singing his name.

Sorry, but this is classic Sussex. We'll only get behind you if you do something...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sorry, but this is classic Sussex. We'll only get behind you if you do something...

Players without songs in the squad right now: Baldock, Hemed, Kayal, Stephens, Murphy, JFC, Maenpaa, Dunk and Crofts. Sure, this kid deserves one already...

Don't get me wrong, I sing all game every game, and always support the team and all the players for the 90 minutes. I just find it odd that Wilson has several threads about songs for him when the list of players above have done far more for the club yet get nothing.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Players without songs in the squad right now: Baldock, Hemed, Kayal, Stephens, Murphy, JFC, Maenpaa, Dunk and Crofts. Sure, this kid deserves one already...

Don't get me wrong, I sing all game every game, and always support the team and all the players for the 90 minutes. I just find it odd that Wilson has several threads about songs for him when the list of players above have done far more for the club yet get nothing.

We are crap at songs.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We are crap at songs.

Actually, I suspect we're average. Most clubs probably have genuine songs for only a handful of players.
I've no problem with encouraging the new lad with a song, but I do agree that a bit more effort coming up with stuff for our established permanent players would be time better spent.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Actually, I suspect we're average. Most clubs probably have genuine songs for only a handful of players.
I've no problem with encouraging the new lad with a song, but I do agree that a bit more effort coming up with stuff for our established permanent players would be time better spent.

Average isn't good enough!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
To the tune of Lord of the Dance

WIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLSON!
Wherever we may be
I'll score you goals for fun, said he
And I'd rather be down here than with that cvnt Rooney
And I'll score you goals for fun, said he.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here