Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Milner

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think I was watching a different game to everyone else!

Solid debut, and very happy to have the guy in the squad, but I saw I guy pulled out of position, misjudging high balls, and flying into a couple of rash tackles. He isn’t in Veltman’s league as a full back.
Exactly

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Even if he misjudged some of the high balls he was doing it effectively and winning the 2nd ball. Top performance.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Something very reassuring about having Milner, March and Gross down the right. Like putting on a pair of faithful comfy slippers..suspect we will see him at DM occasionally.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Was Veltman unfit or did RdZ pick Milner/Gross ahead of him?

It was obvious that we didn't have the same threat down the right as we did on the left. If we're going to threaten better sides we need the option of creating havoc down both flanks at speed. Milner is good, but he's not that guy.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
And interesting hearing RDZ, who is very honest about his tactics, talking about the planned changes throughout the match. Milner inverting to allow Gross to play as a ten, then pushing wider to allow Gross to drop deeper. Two players who have the brain and skillset to be very fluid during a match.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Yep thought he was class at right back yesterday. Also frees up Veltman as a centre back option.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yup. I loved it when he did that, right in front of us. Gave him a bollocking for giving away a cheap free kick when Milner had him covered after Solly lost the ball.
Still hasn’t forgiven him 😏

IMG_1638.jpeg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That’s the sort of thing Howe loves his player doing and the likes of Trippier absolutely excel at - back in their face!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Didn't notice this during the game 😂

I pointed it out to the chap who sits next to me. I picked up on it from my seat near the halfway in WSU.

Bruno when subbed always done a warm down when we were looking a bit frail at the back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here