[Albion] James Milner

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
32 short of the record set by Gareth Barry? Were Milner to break that record with us, that would be an ironic Albion twist.

Not everyone would acknowledge it though.

John Gregory wouldn't recognise James Milner if he was stood on Brighton beach in the team strip with a seagull on his head and a ball in his hand.
I think you'll find Gregory was referring to Gareth Barry ?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think Milner is now our first choice right back and he'll start most games this season.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I picked him out as the player I was most looking forward to seeing out of the new guys and he didn't disappoint. Oozes class, calmness and leadership.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Might well turn out to be our best signing this season. Absolute class…can only imagine what he’s like in training/mentoring the kids etc. Watched him closely today….always scanning, positional sense was outstanding, timed his tackles to perfection and was constantly talking to other players/pointing/shouting.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He was possibly the best kid out there today. Exceptional first full match and proving why he’s been brought in to not only fix our depth at both FB positions but to push our starters (even Estupinan).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think he is a good player
but a fullback, I don’t think so
in the first half most of our attacks came down the left , as we did not have an overlapping right full back with pace
This.

Milner will be a brilliant utility player

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was manager there when Calde played for them 2017-19, winning the title in 2018. Doesn't seem to have worked since. 69 years old.

The current manager of Chemnaiyin is Owen Coyle, who's in his second spell at the club.
Thanks. Yes I saw the dates after posting the pic.
It is a pity he will forever more be remembered for his crass Gazza Bazza comment.
The David Brent of football management.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think I was watching a different game to everyone else!

Solid debut, and very happy to have the guy in the squad, but I saw I guy pulled out of position, misjudging high balls, and flying into a couple of rash tackles. He isn’t in Veltman’s league as a full back.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I feel quite humbled by him coming to join us. He is one of the finest players of his type in a generation. Lallana has the silky skills but Milner is just an outstanding footballer and role model. He may have been on a free but his wages, whatever they are, are well justified.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports