Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Milner

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've been very critical of him, but he was great today. Please keep him in midfield and away from defence.
This, with Christmas bells on.

He was great last night, and it just makes it even more baffling that we’ve persisted with using him as a terrible full back!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Turn the telly on, switch to Amazon Prime, scroll down and watch the post match interviews.
There is a lovely interview with Milner and Hinshelwood along with Glenn Murray and Les Ferdinand.

It's heartwarming stuff if you're an Albion fan.
Or watch it here:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I was concerned when I saw him in the team, assuming he’d be played in defence. I’m glad he wasn’t - he rolled back the years with an excellent performance.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This, with Christmas bells on.

He was great last night, and it just makes it even more baffling that we’ve persisted with using him as a terrible full back!
Agreed, but we have been so short at full back its more because we have had too rather than maybe because we wanted too.
I dont think he has been that bad at full back either.
Hes just not Pervis/Joel or Tariq

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Rolled back the years.

Great player making good decisions in possession.

An example to all of our young players.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
He’s been absolutely wasted at full back all season. The guy knows every trick in the book playing in midfield. That performance shows he could be a revelation second half of the season if allowed to play across the middle of the park.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Another interview here - speaks highly of RDZ’s set up.

Last edited:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
As others have said, great performance last night, his best of the season. Must be great to have him in the squad: won everything, experienced and can pretty much play anywhere. I think he’s now only around 20 appearances short of the EPL record - he deserves to break it.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He’s been absolutely wasted at full back all season. The guy knows every trick in the book playing in midfield. That performance shows he could be a revelation second half of the season if allowed to play across the middle of the park.
He looked like the player I hoped we signed. Funny he looked like it when he was FINALLY played in midfield, ironically in the place he started out 20 years ago. He's never played left back until he came to us! He can do a job to see a game out but not to start RDZ.

Really enjoyed his performance. From midfield he reads so much with all of his experience. Square pegs in square holes and all that.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Another interview here - speaks highly of RDZ’s set up.

You can see by his reactions that he'll play anywhere asked but much prefers the midfield and showed it last night.

On the other interview with Hinsh, he made his PL debut 2½ years before Jack was born. Nuts!

What an excellent signing by the club. Well done yet again to the recruitment team (and Lallana who called him apparently).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He looked like the player I hoped we signed. Funny he looked like it when he was FINALLY played in midfield, ironically in the place he started out 20 years ago. He's never played left back until he came to us! He can do a job to see a game out but not to start RDZ.

Really enjoyed his performance. From midfield he reads so much with all of his experience. Square pegs in square holes and all that.
He played left back in about 40 games for Liverpool!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You can see by his reactions that he'll play anywhere asked but much prefers the midfield and showed it last night.

On the other interview with Hinsh, he made his PL debut 2½ years before Jack was born. Nuts!

What an excellent signing by the club. Well done yet again to the recruitment team (and Lallana who called him apparently).
Milner played against Jack’s Dad. Shame they didn’t run that in too!

IMG_3983.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here