Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James McAtee - Bid rejected

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
According to the Athletic, we've bid 8 mill for James McAtee, which Man City have rejected.

He's a 19-year-old attacking midfielder, in the mould of Foden, apparently. Made his first team debut in the Carabao Cup the other day, coming on at left back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kiRpc4A1Kw

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
RIP his dad John

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
BTW I'm totally here for our real long term project of having every midfield player with "Mc" or "Mac" at the start of their name

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Put in a bid for Kaspersky Schmeichel too.

Who can forget Brian 'Nobby' Norton?

As long as we don't end up managed by AVG then all's good

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Would rather have Mr Macadoo. As people of a certain age will know, he had the knackadoo.

pigeon_street_uk.mr_macadoo.jpg

Macadoo - is the man for you. He's your best bet.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Yes he can:

After his debut against Wycombe, McAtee told CityTV: “It was just a buzz. When I came on, I was smiling the whole way through. When I came on I went left-back.​

Pep said, ‘Can you play there?’. I said anything to get on the pitch and I just tried my hardest. "​

So many big name players in front of him at City, I can see why he would want a move. £8m seems like a lot for an un-tested teenager, but if he is anywhere near the player Foden is I suspect he'll be worth a fortune in a few years if he becomes a regular.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good move by the club though, unsettles the player a bit and potentially provides a better pathway to first team PL football.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's almost as if we hadn't got a system for bringing our own youngsters through U16s, U18s, U23s and eventually the first team ....................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here