Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Fergany

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Anyone know what the story is with James Fergany? I remember him being announced in the Argus as a scholar, he's very memorable as he is a Fellani lookalike. I then heard rumours that he had walked out on the Albion. A bit Billy-Big-Bollocks for a 16 year old.

However he has ended up at Lewes and is now in the first team. I have seen a lot of youngsters from League clubs on loan at Lewes including quite a few from the Albion but very few stay in the memory. Last night James Fergany was named MOM in their game against Lowestoft and he looked a genuine talent. He has blistering pace, chased everything, has a great touch, can head a ball and doesn't mind getting stuck in. It was doing the rounds that scouts were there looking at him including someone from Aston Villa.

One thing is for certain, he won't be at Lewes very long but if he does make it big I wonder how he slipped through the Albion net.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
At last an interesting thread about the Albion.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anyone know what the story is with James Fergany? I remember him being announced in the Argus as a scholar, he's very memorable as he is a Fellani lookalike. I then heard rumours that he had walked out on the Albion. A bit Billy-Big-Bollocks for a 16 year old.

However he has ended up at Lewes and is now in the first team. I have seen a lot of youngsters from League clubs on loan at Lewes including quite a few from the Albion but very few stay in the memory. Last night James Fergany was named MOM in their game against Lowestoft and he looked a genuine talent. He has blistering pace, chased everything, has a great touch, can head a ball and doesn't mind getting stuck in. It was doing the rounds that scouts were there looking at him including someone from Aston Villa.

One thing is for certain, he won't be at Lewes very long but if he does make it big I wonder how he slipped through the Albion net.

Don't know what the background is - but having noticed that he hadn't played for the youth team this season, after he was introduced as a new scholar in the programme at the end of last season, I asked Insider (here) on Ask the Club last month. Considering the club had previously introduced him in the programme, I thought Insider's reply was a little curt (presumably he had more than a "trial" if the club had offered him a scholarship). Anyway, if he left on bad terms that might explain it. His scholarship was cancelled on September 4th, according to the FA Player Registration document.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here