James Corden v Sir Patrick Stewart

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just found this on the Beeb website, it seems like these two traded blows...metaphorically speaking...at an awards ceremony today. I know not everyone is a fan of Corden, but it looks like Sir Patrick started it all off with a cheap jibe about the size of his belly...that is a bit low, isn't it!

BBC News - James Corden and Sir Patrick Stewart clash on stage

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yeah, he might have done better to just brush it off...leaving his opponent to look stupid for making a cheap jibe...but it sounds like they kept going at each other for the rest of the presentation, with award winners falling firmly in the Corden camp. I am guessing that an alcohol fuelled lunch might be behind this strange behaviour.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yeah, he might have done better to just brush it off...leaving his opponent to look stupid for making a cheap jibe...but it sounds like they kept going at each other for the rest of the presentation, with award winners falling firmly in the Corden camp. I am guessing that an alcohol fuelled lunch might be behind this strange behaviour.

Hmmm not wise I suppose when you're presenting!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There is a much longer clip on the web somewhere which puts the later comments into context somewhat.

Stewart stated by having a go a Corden for having his hands in his pockets whilst the awards were handed over.

Corden then made some comment about getting annoyed by the people handing out awards hanging about for too "f***ing long..."

It then got quite nasty.

In summary one is a mildly funny over exposed actor hanging on the coat tails of footballers whilst the other is a pretentious arse of a thespian.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
In summary one is a mildly funny over exposed actor hanging on the coat tails of footballers whilst the other is a pretentious arse of a thespian.

Come on... the guy does voices for American Dad... he can't be that pretentious...

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Patrick Stewart the HERO!!!! ABSOLUTE LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love him even more now. Sticking it to that prick.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Could you?

Go on then. ???

Gavin and Stacey was very received and has won a number of awards.

Not bad for a young bloke, it's had to argue. But he's over exposed and should get back to the writing.

Patrick Stewart whilst obviously a very fine actor didn't really find worldwide fame until he got the Star Trek part.

Possibly a little jealous at Corden getting fame and recognition so young.

What a silly little bitch Stewart was pretending not to know who Corden was. Before he was in Star Trek he could walk down the street completely unnoticed himself.

He wasn't even there to receive an award, simply to hand one out.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
picard-facepalm.jpg

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Alot of people being harsh on Corden here. Somebody took the piss out of him, pretended he didn't know who he was and made a really crap gag about his weight and he stuck up for himself. Don't really see what he did wrong? Whether you like his work or not I can't see how you think he's in the wrong here.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Two people representing their generations surely? One has worked hard building a reputation slowly but surely over many years. The other is getting rich quickly and appearing on anything and everything note even remotely related to his original talent because fame today may only last 5mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports