Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] James Bond: No Time To Die - Official Trailer

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
True. Though I choose Odeon because I’ve got a Limitless card so for 9.99 a month I can see as many films as I like. Plus it’s very easy for me to get to. But Cineworld is nice now.

As a lifetime Brightonian, I have fond memories of the Odeon.

Being tall, the Cineworld seats and legroom were a revelation, we’d only previously seen something like that in Orlando. Typically American, they were de facto armchairs with electronic recline and extendable legrests!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
As a lifetime Brightonian, I have fond memories of the Odeon.

Being tall, the Cineworld seats and legroom were a revelation, we’d only previously seen something like that in Orlando. Typically American, they were de facto armchairs with electronic recline and extendable legrests!

When I was in my teens with friends, the ABC on East St. was the place to go. About £3 to get in, as long as you didn't mind the smell.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spot on

Brilliant picture.

But trying not to issue spoilers, I first saw my first bond film, Dr No when I was about 8, 55 years ago and the ending of this film hit me right between the eyes regarding my age! I know it’s a bit self- indulgent, but I also felt that as the character ended, I felt overwhelmingly sad as I saw every film, in order and felt I grew up with bond and went through my life as watching the bond character develop! And that ends.

I assume this heralds the spin off series that Amazon wanted to make!

My first cinema Bond was The Spy Who Loved Me. But by then well verse with ITV often airing the previous films. I still love From Russia With Love. There’s something romantic about Europe and trains!

Pre videos, it was sad when a great film finished, it could be years before you saw it again.

Tempted to see this one again before it leaves the big screen and may buy the blu-ray.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When I was in my teens with friends, the ABC on East St. was the place to go. About £3 to get in, as long as you didn't mind the smell.

ABC too - ABBA The Movie, Superman, Shouldn’t Happen To A Vet, etc and some later films when on dates but I was distracted. By the time we were teens, one would pay, then go through the cinema to the big empty entrance on the seafront to let in our mates at a fire exit. Typical naughty kids, sorry.

Were you around in the 70’s? There was also the Astoria, Curzon, Vogue, Embassy etc? The Argus cinema page literally listed 20 or 30 cinemas stretching from Seaford to Worthing.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My first cinema Bond was The Spy Who Loved Me. But by then well verse with ITV often airing the previous films. I still love From Russia With Love. There’s something romantic about Europe and trains!

Pre videos, it was sad when a great film finished, it could be years before you saw it again.

Tempted to see this one again before it leaves the big screen and may buy the blu-ray.

I went twice and will buy the blu ray. I recommend going back for another look. A top, top film for me Clive

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I went twice and will buy the blu ray. I recommend going back for another look. A top, top film for me Clive

We were second row from the front, not ideal with a huge screen. I went to book online an hour before and they the only remaining seats. Despite shows every 30 minutes!! Normally I choose back row by an aisle, with ease.

Think it’s going to be a commercial success, I hope so.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
[MENTION=23342]dolphins[/MENTION]

Thanks. Haven't been to the Odeon for a long time now (used to go there a lot in the good old days of the outside escalator which I don't ever remember working! Also saw the first screening of Star Wars there). Good to know that the Marina is a much better bet (and I have an Unlimited card so a further reason to swerve the Odeon).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can't watch the Jack Reacher movies because Cruise is cast as Reacher, who is supposed to be about 6'6", grizzled and not particularly attractive. Whoever cast Cruise as Reacher is a moron lacking integrity.

These things matter to me. Bond perhaps less so because whilst based on books, the films have really made the character, but Reacher/Cruise was inexcusable imo.

Good points

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Yes I agree…we are looking to go again before it hits Apple TV

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Just done 7.40 showing at IMAX, SE1 - Agree with [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION]; great spectacle but where's the blood, and when the DB5 doughnuts in the Piazza, the baddies cars were untouched.. :guns::guns:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Watched it yesterday at the marina, all I can say is thank god he’s dead now, dull, unimaginative, wooden acting, lame predictable plot, and probably the worst villain ever….

Bore fest…

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't watch the Jack Reacher movies because Cruise is cast as Reacher, who is supposed to be about 6'6", grizzled and not particularly attractive. Whoever cast Cruise as Reacher is a moron lacking integrity.

These things matter to me. Bond perhaps less so because whilst based on books, the films have really made the character, but Reacher/Cruise was inexcusable imo.

That would be a certain Mr T Cruise.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Watched it yesterday at the marina, all I can say is thank god he’s dead now, dull, unimaginative, wooden acting, lame predictable plot, and probably the worst villain ever….

Bore fest…

It'll be rebooted though, don't worry about that.

I've never been a Bond fan but have seen the Daniel Craig films as I have on the whole enjoyed them and have been well written. If they do reboot it they need to stop with this nasty habit of every villain having a disability or a facial disfigurement. It can't be good for people that really do have disfigurements.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Stopped taking Bond seriously when Blofeld turned up in drag in Diamonds are Forever

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Saw this last night and thought it was really poor. One of the key things about Bond is his ability to escape any situation no matter how desperate it appears. Then, after numerous films of him doing everything he can to escape death he suddenly just gives up and accepts his fate! You can’t kill Bond in the same way that you can’t kill Spider-Man or Superman, it was a ridiculous storyline and a real anticlimax.

The villian as well was bizarre, I get how he wanted his revenge on spectre for killing his family but why did he then want to kill more people? How did he know about the MI6 biological weapon? Where did he get all his money from? Why were the henchmen following him? In a film that’s nearly 3 hours long you would think they would give some context. It was like they had completely run out of ideas so just got a famous actor, gave him a facial disfiguration and stuck him on a volcanic island and thought…job done!

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Saw this last night and thought it was really poor. One of the key things about Bond is his ability to escape any situation no matter how desperate it appears. Then, after numerous films of him doing everything he can to escape death he suddenly just gives up and accepts his fate! You can’t kill Bond in the same way that you can’t kill Spider-Man or Superman, it was a ridiculous storyline and a real anticlimax.

The villian as well was bizarre, I get how he wanted his revenge on spectre for killing his family but why did he then want to kill more people? How did he know about the MI6 biological weapon? Where did he get all his money from? Why were the henchmen following him? In a film that’s nearly 3 hours long you would think they would give some context. It was like they had completely run out of ideas so just got a famous actor, gave him a facial disfiguration and stuck him on a volcanic island and thought…job done!

I think this film made Bond a real person, not just some cardboard cut out, pull the woman, sleep with them, not give a sht, move on and repeat but a person who found someone he loved and had a child with and showed a different side to the character, refreshing for me to move on from the same format for 24 films and I thought the end was done very well with real thought

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I think this film made Bond a real person, not just some cardboard cut out, pull the woman, sleep with them, not give a sht, move on and repeat but a person who found someone he loved and had a child with and showed a different side to the character, refreshing for me to move on from the same format for 24 films and I thought the end was done very well with real thought

That’s the flipping point though. THAT IS NOT BOND. There are hundreds of films as you’ve just described. Leave Bond alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here