Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Beadle

Saddletramp

Sep 18, 2023
Oxford fan in peace.
I think you have a proper proper goalkeeper on your hands with James Beadle.
Comes for everything,catches everything,never punches and his footwork is as good as i've seen from a young keeper.

Hopefully you have an excellent season and stay injury free,so have no need to recall him.
Still a bit lightweight,but at only 19 has plenty of time to develop his technique.

I predict a big future for the lad.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Oxford fan in peace.
Comes for everything,catches everything,never punches and his footwork is as good as i've seen from a young keeper.

Hopefully you have an excellent season and stay injury free,so have no need to recall him.
Still a bit lightweight,but at only 19 has plenty of time to develop his technique.

Thanks for posting. I would be amazed if he was recalled as Rushworth at (loan at Swansea), is probably just above him in the pecking order.

It’s nice to have something positive after yesterday. Your season seems to be going well. Sorry super Sam Baldock has had to retire.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Oxford fan in peace.

That’s great to hear. I’ve been following your results since he signed. Early days but maybe a promotion challenge this year?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Has his inclusion, pushed Rushworth out?
Ironically, it looks like it! Not that anyone seems to get a sniff over Trafford for the u21s anyway (which, seeing as he starts in the PL, is probably fair enough).

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think the next logical step in our progression is having players regularly in the England age category squads, we're there with goalkeepers but now it's time to broaden our scope to outfielders!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think the next logical step in our progression is having players regularly in the England age category squads, we're there with goalkeepers but now it's time to broaden our scope to outfielders!

*Awaits @AZ Gull appearing with a list :lolol:

We've had 3 outfield players ALREADY this season appear for England underage squads, and a further SEVEN in the last couple of seasons alone.

Have you been living under a rock @Badger Boy ? :lol:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
We've had 3 outfield players ALREADY this season appear for England underage squads, and a further SEVEN in the last couple of seasons alone.

Yes, we're making good progress but how does that compare to other Category 1s? Genuine question because it doesn't feel like a lot, but I might be entirely wrong and always happy to hear from people who know. I wonder if this is something the club doesn't want to get better at, because it doesn't want to market the younger players who are highly rated. I know we had Collyer and Sturge lured away so maybe they're not quite as keen to raise profiles.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

👍👍 The U16’s have Freddie Simmons and Harry Howells playing for England and Tyler Silsby was called up but had to pull out due to injury. Adam Brett plays for Wales. Unfortunately, Shim Mhuewka, the best in this age group was poached by Chelsea.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, we're making good progress but how does that compare to other Category 1s? Genuine question because it doesn't feel like a lot, but I might be entirely wrong and always happy to hear from people who know.
Good question - I wonder how many actually started, or were they a substitute.
I wonder if this is something the club doesn't want to get better at, because it doesn't want to market the younger players who are highly rated. I know we had Collyer and Sturge lured away so maybe they're not quite as keen to raise profiles.
Not so sure about that........

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Player of the season so far in a decent Oxford side.
He had possibly his best game save-wise on Saturday in a 3-0 defeat at Peterborough. Without Beadle it’s 7.
Every chance he could do a Sanchez.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here