Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Oh great, Poland to stink out another tournament, of course will be drawn in England’s group as that’s the law.

Just knew Dan James was missing that. I watched it on S4C, no idea what they’re on about, something about daffodils I think.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The draw was made ages ago. Poland will be in a group with France, Holland and Austria.
That should be it for them. Austria are pretty decent these days. That said, it's the Euros, anything can happen.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It’s a weird post, as I don’t think we’ve ever been in the same group as Poland at a European Championship finals and haven’t been in their group at a World Cup finals since 1986.
Correct and correct. There was a time when they turned up in our qualifying groups a lot. In fact I wonder whether they could be our most regular group mates. England meet Serbia for the first time in the Euros.

EDIT: Yeah, took a look. 26 tournaments since 1970- 9 times Poland have been in our group.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Jimmy Grimble

Faster than Sanchez! 😂

Getting up to that speed after his injury is a brilliant achievement!
It really is. I knew he was quick but wouldn’t have had him down as that quick.

The more I think about his physical profile and how he’s played since he returned, I think his future could be in a double pivot. A few bits he needs to work on but he has the attributes to do it. He’s also not exactly clinical in the final third so don’t think there’s much opportunity cost, especially given the other attacking midfielders we have.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Was that timed when he ran over and lunged into that Forest player?!

Really hope he gets the chance to build on the Forest display as it was really promising. It’s great to have some physicality in midfield with him and Baleba.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The more I think about his physical profile and how he’s played since he returned, I think his future could be in a double pivot. A few bits he needs to work on but he has the attributes to do it. He’s also not exactly clinical in the final third so don’t think there’s much opportunity cost, especially given the other attacking midfielders we have.
I think you have a good point.

He recently spoke in an interview about his need to learn Dezerbiball. I think he can do it and also believe the double pivot role is the only position he could make his own, this position seems to be the hardest to play under RDZ. It’s going to be a big summer for him. Sink or swim.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Call me a bad fan if you like, but I don't recognise the face of every footballer in the PL, and I would find it much more interesting if those 11 players had their names shown too - because I certainly don't know who a lot of them are.

Nor do I, but I think the one at the bottom bet his shirt that he could catch Neal Maupay :wink:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Call me a bad fan if you like, but I don't recognise the face of every footballer in the PL, and I would find it much more interesting if those 11 players had their names shown too - because I certainly don't know who a lot of them are.

Fastest Players.PNG

I found this that has the player names included.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

As much as I'd like this to be the case, not so sure that Moder has the technical ability to play in a RDZ midfield duo. Our current duo lack the physicality and pace that Moder and Baleba have.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm amazed at that stat. I've never thought of him as particularly quick so to hit those levels so soon after such a terrible injury seems remarkable.
You have to say, what rotten timing and luck with that injury. Had it not happened I'm fairly sure he'd be a nailed on starter, especially considering how much RDZ has improved certain players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here