[Albion] Jakub Moder

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It’s you being harsh. He stood out in loads of games albeit a very long time ago. He also had atrocious bad luck in front of goal - I’ve never known a player who seemed to hit the bar or post as often as he did. I sincerely hope that he makes it back successfully. If anyone can help him be the best it will be our Roberto.
I seem to recall most of his 'misses' were bad luck, or good saves and so on - rather than 'he should have scored there'. Unlike Maupay's.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I seem to recall most of his 'misses' were bad luck, or good saves and so on - rather than 'he should have scored there'. Unlike Maupay's.
I seem to recall that Moder (rightly) aimed for the woodwork a lot. His misses were generally by less than a foot or he’d hit the bar/post. I think RDZ could turn him into a very effective and frequent goal scorer for us.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Cool reply to a good natured response to your post. I expect you realise many people read threads in order so I arrived and responded to the typo before I got to the apology. Or maybe you don't🤔
It was tongue in cheek from me anyhow, I forgive you.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
See him more competing with Dahoud and Gilmour for a spot, or possibly Lallana.
I think you are right.

There has been a number of times when the likes of Dunk play a very quick ball to our on-rushing central midfielder in order to beat the opposition’s high press. The ball is normally flicked off to the flanks as we quickly progress up the pitch.

However, I have seen this tactic foiled by the opposition as the on-rushing midfielder (Gilmour or Dahoud) is overpowered from behind with possession lost in a very dangerous area. Very few players will be able to overpower Moder from behind in this situation. He will hold the ball up better than all our other midfielders (except maybe Baleba who is monster big).

I’m looking forward to seeing this move-with-Moder in action soon.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is a magnificent positive for Moder, really glad he is back in the fold

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just came to break my exclusive here and see Naylor has beaten me to it 🙄:

Moder has arrived at the same time as the playing players today - so may well be seeing him back in the squad!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Imagine the ovation he’s gonna get when he comes to warm up… Let’s just make sure it’s him though!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Whilst this is fantastic news does anyone know how many times he's played for the U21s?

As far as I'm aware he's only played 30 minutes in a game for them last week. Surely he's played more? It seems crazy that you can be out injured for 18 months, play once for 30 minutes and then be ready for premier league action. If he has only played that one 30 minutes then can we assume his place on the bench is as a reward/incentive and there's actually zero chance of seeing him come on?

It is, regardless, great news to see him being ever closer to first team readiness.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Excellent news - and really exciting but I’m not expecting too much of him though - not after more than a year and a half away from first team matches- it will take a while to ‘finish’ the rehab - no one comes back from an injury like that and for that long an absence and starts playing 90 mins every week, speed and fitness will still be a minor issue - but 10 mins in the second half today would be an amazing thrill for everyone - more than that, having Moder back in the squad gives the team and fans a much needed psychological boost to know our injury list isn’t all one way traffic at the moment - because it’s certainly felt like it recently!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports