JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Getting all pissypants
NSC:

Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I very much hope I am wrong and you are right but I don’t see it. He isn’t robust or mobile enough to play the Caicedo/Alexis role, and to be fair that’s not his game.
That was his game at his previous club. He played the more progressive partner in a double pivot: Mac Allister's role. At present we've been using Pascal or Billy in the role. Moder would compete for the position with these two, Ayari, Dahoud if he signs, but would also provide cover in other areas. Having him back would be a bit like having another Gross. He has a lot of work to do, but he has the talent and the coach.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was his game at his previous club. He played the more progressive partner in a double pivot: Mac Allister's role. At present we've been using Pascal or Billy in the role. Moder would compete for the position with these two, Ayari, Dahoud if he signs, but would also provide cover in other areas. Having him back would be a bit like having another Gross. He has a lot of work to do, but he has the talent and the coach.
You only have to look at his Albion highlights reel to see he was cut down in his prime.
The boy's a one touch flick merchant who's a bugger for the pass around the corner.

I'm sure as far as RDZ is concerned he's walking catnip.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I realise players always become more valued when they aren’t playing, and judging by the comments on here this is another example.

I really want him fit and challenging for a place, but I’m afraid I thought he was just okay, nothing more. For me, not as good as any of his midfield competitors and has a lot of work to do to get back.

Still young of course and plenty of time on his side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I realise players always become more valued when they aren’t playing, and judging by the comments on here this is another example.

I really want him fit and challenging for a place, but I’m afraid I thought he was just okay, nothing more. For me, not as good as any of his midfield competitors and has a lot of work to do to get back.

Good enough to score against England though :wink:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any news on how he is doing? I assume he'll be up for a full pre season?
Difficult to say. He disappeared completely from training pictures the last few weeks of the season

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

To be honest, I always thought he was under-valued when he was fit, rather than more valued when injured. He got almost relentless abuse at times from the usual twitiots.

He has a touch of the Solly about him: Lots of potential, a very tidy (if unspectaular) player, an easy target for the boo-boys, but also valued by his coaches. At 24 and with a full pre-season he could be a different player under De Zerbi.

Fingers crossed

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To be honest, I always thought he was under-valued when he was fit, rather than more valued when injured. He got almost relentless abuse at times from the usual twitiots.

He has a touch of the Solly about him: Lots of potential, a very tidy (if unspectaular) player, an easy target for the boo-boys, but also valued by his coaches. At 24 and with a full pre-season he could be a different player under De Zerbi.

Fingers crossed
I think I'm with you and have multiple thoughts on Moder. One is that he was really developing in the period leading up to his injury. He got into so many good positions and the fact that he didn't register a goal was more down to other factors (brilliant defending, goalkeeping, extremely fine margins, hitting the goalframe, etc), and that illustrated one of his great qualities -- arriving in goalscoring positions at the right time. He was getting assists too, and all-round contribution was very encouraging. I thought he looked as though he had more potential than Ali Mac at the point of his injury.
On the other side, can't help noticing that our upturn in form more or less perfectly coincided with him no longer being in the team.
Either way, it's going to be a while before we can really judge him as he will have to work his way up to his peak after a serious, longlasting injury.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The good news is that with a larger squad he’ll be given the time and minutes to get into his stride. I think he has a lot to offer the squad.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Moder will be the first one I look for when they release pre season training photos or videos

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
The good news is that with a larger squad he’ll be given the time and minutes to get into his stride. I think he has a lot to offer the squad.
I'm still a bit on the fence as to whether he'll be a squad player at best, or he'll have some sort of rebirth after the injury and nail his spot in the team. I hope you're right though as I always rated him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Fingers crossed
Obviously, hope your assessment is better than my own. 😃👍

I don’t do Twitter 😃

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think I'm with you and have multiple thoughts on Moder. One is that he was really developing in the period leading up to his injury. He got into so many good positions and the fact that he didn't register a goal was more down to other factors (brilliant defending, goalkeeping, extremely fine margins, hitting the goalframe, etc), and that illustrated one of his great qualities -- arriving in goalscoring positions at the right time. He was getting assists too, and all-round contribution was very encouraging. I thought he looked as though he had more potential than Ali Mac at the point of his injury.
On the other side, can't help noticing that our upturn in form more or less perfectly coincided with him no longer being in the team.
Either way, it's going to be a while before we can really judge him as he will have to work his way up to his peak after a serious, longlasting injury.
That's because Caicedo was brought in as we did nothave enough midfield players. The rest is history.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We’ve improved enormously in every single metric since he featured regularly in the side. It has been a very long injury lay off, with lots of set backs, meanwhile the team has gone from strength to strength. This isn’t a criticism of Moder, just a statement of fact.

His injury (Ruptured Cruciate Ligament) is not uncommon as a career ender, sadly.

I think a European loan may be on the cards after a pre-season assessment of his fitness/injury. If we can get him off the books and he has a good season, he still has another year under contract with us on his return and might be able to compete for a place in the squad registration.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Reports from Poland suggest that they are seriously worried about his recovery time and his future. He was becoming a key player in the national team and they were ( disappointingly ) critical of his treatment at Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports