Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Agreed - but over the years it appears we have signed numerous players for the U23's but it's a real shame so few have made it up to the 1st team squad. Alzate though is the one bright spot recently and a player who I think will get better and better now being given his chance.

It's a numbers game. Something like 10% of the U23s are predicted to make it to Premier League level. We currently have 4 players in our squad that have come through our U23s since we started signing players for the academy in 2014 (3 of whom are regular starters), as well as a few players playing at Championship level who may make the step up. I think we're doing well on this front.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As per Argus, he’ll be playing against Goldson, Balogun and Nunez in the Europa League this autumn. Some nice opportunities to scout those matches against Standard Liege, Benfica and Rangers and see what type of player we might have.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As per Argus, he’ll be playing against Goldson, Balogun and Nunez in the Europa League this autumn. Some nice opportunities to scout those matches against Standard Liege, Benfica and Rangers and see what type of player we might have.

I remember the good old days when the scouting was done before the £6m transfer. :lol:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Can't find him on football Index, can't be any good , perfect signing for a #teamlikebrighton.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've been doing that for years though. Many a player signed for the U23's - how many have made it?

Jan Paul van Hecke - our newest signing now out on loan.

Wonder what happened to these guys from the past? (And I genuinely don't know the answer to where most of them are/went - so feel free to fill in the blanks as to where they are now)

Jack Harper - Getafe?
Vahid Hambo - FC Lahiti
Tyler Hornby-Forbes - Spennymoor Town
Jan Mlakar - Maribor on loan
Ales Mateju
Mathias Normann
Soufyan Ahannach
Elvis Manu
Joe Ward
Nzuzi Toko
Emil Asmundsson
Vitalijs Maksimenko
Roland Bergkamp
Raphael Rossi
Vegard Forren
I wonder how many of those we made a profit on? Don't think we'd get much money from the likes of Go Ahead Eagles (Ahannach), or clubs in Bulgaria (Elvis)!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wonder how many of those we made a profit on? Don't think we'd get much money from the likes of Go Ahead Eagles (Ahannach), or clubs in Bulgaria (Elvis)!
Mateju made us decent money and we are all hoping we have a significant sell-on for Normann as he could be sold for large money this widow or within the year.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Agreed - but over the years it appears we have signed numerous players for the U23's but it's a real shame so few have made it up to the 1st team squad. Alzate though is the one bright spot recently and a player who I think will get better and better now being given his chance.

Connolly is quite a bright spot too.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just realised quite how brave these signings are and especially this one. Was just curious to see where the polish league ranks with UEFA, expecting it to be top 12-15, it’s actually 23rd

Above it is Belarus and Cyprus and even the Scots come in 16th, our old faves the Dutch in 10th......

Doesn’t mean he won’t be a top quality player for us, but it’s a lot braver at that sort of outlay considering the perceived quality of the Polish football league.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Jakub Moder

Medicals done. £9.5m for the pair apparently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here