Jake Robinson

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Shame the goals weren't there when he wore Blue and White...if Aldershot make an offer that involves money for him I hope we take it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Shame the goals weren't there when he wore Blue and White...if Aldershot make an offer that involves money for him I hope we take it.

Robinson was NEVER given a proper run in the team imo, Managers always thought of him as too lightweight but oppoosition always found him a handful.

Not quite clear to me why the fans turned on him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
All three of his goals for them have been excellent, unerring finishes. For us even when he did score it was usually scuffed over the line. Amazing what a bit of confidence can do.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
All three of his goals for them have been excellent, unerring finishes. For us even when he did score it was usually scuffed over the line. Amazing what a bit of confidence can do.

This is true... I think he struggled to find his confidence (for whatever reason) whilst playing in the blue and white. I am glad to see him doing well elsewhere.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Robinson i hope will stay at aldershot as he needs a good run at long last and i wish him the best,there is no point recalling him just leave him be:drink:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Probably found his level to be honest. Never really did it here despite 130 odd games. Will only be worth keeping if we get relegated.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Probably found his level to be honest. Never really did it here despite 130 odd games. Will only be worth keeping if we get relegated.

Says the man was said suggesting Whing could play centre back was "ridiculous"...

Robinson is a confidence player. Given a run in the team upfront, and with someone who has confidence in him he will do ok.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I can never understand the "he was never given a chance" brigade.

130 games is one hell of a big slice of "no chance" in my opinion - greater by quite a margin than many who have either gone on to better things or been discarded.

He IS lightweight and League 2 may well be his level.
He DOES have ability and needs confidence to display it.
All of those arguments have merit.
But "not given a decent chance"............no way!

Where he is now is working for him. Our scouts will be watching him and the new manager will evaluate him. End of................

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
130 games is one hell of a big slice of "no chance" in my opinion
It's also one hell of a stupid statistic. How many of them were sub appearances, mostly less than 20 minutes? How many were on the wing? How many times has he started more than a handful of consecutive games?

I can only think of one proper run of games he's had, which was a couple of seasons ago under McGhee/Wilkins.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Robinson was NEVER given a proper run in the team imo, Managers always thought of him as too lightweight but oppoosition always found him a handful.

Not quite clear to me why the fans turned on him.

Exactly what do you call a 'proper run'. Most players try to grab the first opportunity that comes their way but not Jake! He scored goals for Aldershot before and they loved him by all accounts but when he came back he was still crap. People call him an impact player but I struggle to think of any game where he has come on and made a positive impact. Good luck to him at Aldershot but what happens when he loses his confidence there? Sooner we get him off our books the better for Brighton and the better for Robinson.

I can never understand the "he was never given a chance" brigade.

130 games is one hell of a big slice of "no chance" in my opinion - greater by quite a margin than many who have either gone on to better things or been discarded.

He IS lightweight and League 2 may well be his level.
He DOES have ability and needs confidence to display it.
All of those arguments have merit.
But "not given a decent chance"............no way!

Where he is now is working for him. Our scouts will be watching him and the new manager will evaluate him. End of................

Exactly, some people are so in love with him they can't smell the coffee when they're drowing in the stuff!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports