Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Released

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Jake Robinson released by Shrewsbury.
Where next for Jakey ?, maybe a permanent stay at Torquay ?, could be playing under Forster if (he has applied) he gets the managers job.
Such a shame how his career has gone.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fixtures and his name is Jake Robinson not Jake Released

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I see Ingimarsson has been released by Reading. Still only 33 with plenty of Championship experience at Centre Half.

I suspect were after others, but in my opinion would offer something to our squad.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Dazza Lewis conducting his client's business through the media again will not have done Nicky's application for the Torquay job any good

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Not sure why it didn't work out for Jake at Shrewsbury, he always seemed to do well and score goals from what I saw and he continued that at Torquay. Good luck to him, maybe Dean Cox will persuade Slade to get him to Orient

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dazza Lewis conducting his client's business through the media again will not have done Nicky's application for the Torquay job any good

He really is bizarre. Insinuates that he knows everyone, everything and every deal going on, but I find that hard to believe. I certainly wouldn't want Elite Agents to represent me.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He really is bizarre. Insinuates that he knows everyone, everything and every deal going on, but I find that hard to believe. I certainly wouldn't want Elite Agents to represent me.

Mr Lewis certainly has a very unusual way of working and tbh it seems at odds with Forster's public persona as someone who is able to offer a considered opinion and who knows the game inside out. A very odd pairing indeed.

Not sure why it didn't work out for Jake at Shrewsbury, he always seemed to do well and score goals from what I saw and he continued that at Torquay. Good luck to him, maybe Dean Cox will persuade Slade to get him to Orient

Really? Try slagging off the manager Graham Turner on facebook resulting in being loaned to Torquay almost immediately. Loan period expires and he's then not offered a renewed contract by Shrewsbury - hardly a surprise is it?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Scoring the goal that knocked Shrewsbury out of the play-offs probably didnt help much either!

He didn't score in the playoffs though, and Shrewsbury only have themselves to blame for not putting a clause in the loan contract saying he couldn't play against his parent club.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Scoring the goal that knocked Shrewsbury out of the play-offs probably didnt help much either!

Hardly Jake's fault was it?. Besides, maybe Shrewsbury should consider not offering their secretary a new contract, for buggering up the paper-work, allowing Jake to play in matches against Shresbury!.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I would have thought Torquay messageboards would be full of "sign him up" and "could do a job" comments at that news. Looks a good fit all round to me.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Robinson's latest offerings on Twitter.....

Just found out I won't be offered a new contract from Shrewsbury, BY READING IT ON THE CLUB WEBSITE!!!

Not even the courtesy/decency of a phone call or text.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
I would have thought Torquay messageboards would be full of "sign him up" and "could do a job" comments at that news. Looks a good fit all round to me.

me too but I think he's on holiday at the mo (tee-hee !!)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Reading the Shrewsbury message board it seems they are quite glad he is gone.

"He blogs on the laptop all day long
Tweetin' and a-bleatin' and singing his song
All the little nerdies on twitter Street
Love to hear the robbo go tweet tweet tweet

[Chorus:]
Rockin' robbo, cock cock
Rockin' robbo'
Go rockin' robbo
'Cause Graham Turner forgot to write"

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Really? Try slagging off the manager Graham Turner on facebook resulting in being loaned to Torquay almost immediately. Loan period expires and he's then not offered a renewed contract by Shrewsbury - hardly a surprise is it?

Oh. Wasn't aware of that at all but would explain everything. Silly boy. Do you know what he actually said on facebook?

Reading the Shrewsbury message board it seems they are quite glad he is gone.

"He blogs on the laptop all day long
Tweetin' and a-bleatin' and singing his song
All the little nerdies on twitter Street
Love to hear the robbo go tweet tweet tweet

[Chorus:]
Rockin' robbo, cock cock
Rockin' robbo'
Go rockin' robbo
'Cause Graham Turner forgot to write"

That's brilliant!

Oh. Wasn't aware of that at all but would explain everything. Silly boy. Do you know what he actually said on facebook?
Sorry no, it was a while back and on Twitter, not Facebook (my mistake). I remember thinking at the time that some employers might consider it to be gross misconduct although the Shrews clearly thought the best approach was to remove the disruptive influence. As someone posted yesterday, JR used to do this sort of thing at the Albion when Wendy was manager - a complete knob imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here