Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jake Livermore

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I'm sure we've had this discussion too many times before, where you always dodge the answers, ie: Hillsborough, Munich chants, really can't be bothered to it again, as I know you will do just the same

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That’s pretty low, you’d hope the fans around him would have belted the prick.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Let's not pretend that we don't have degenerates of that sort "supporting" our club as well.

hillsborough.jpg

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Danny Mills on R5L on this currently. He lost a child himself so has more empathy than most. Said he wouldn't have blamed Livermore from going in the crowd and punching the idiot.

This has made me a bit emotional. I can't find words to describe the perpetrator. Hopefully he will be outed, banned and ostracised

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Danny Mills on R5L on this currently. He lost a child himself so has more empathy than most. Said he wouldn't have blamed Livermore from going in the crowd and punching the idiot.

This has made me a bit emotional. I can't find words to describe the perpetrator. Hopefully he will be outed, banned and ostracised

This. I hope the **** gets every possible punishment thrown at him.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
Since when was it an offence to wind up someone who's child had died?

Stone me for suggesting it (obviously).

Mothy i think you should be stoned[ maybe not with real stones or else my point is losted] for such an offences post.How can you post this where is your humanity?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I despair. Why do you think there has to be a specific offence for every single despicable action, someone could possibly undertake? You must be a truly bitter individual if you need an answer.

Imagine being someone who hears about someone being taunted for the fact their baby had died and going "meh, not illegal".

Wow. :lolol:

It's the lowest of the low, you would agree with that wouldn't you? It's a deeply unpleasant thing to say to another human being, whatever the context.

Exactly this. You’d think there would be one thing we can all agree wouldn’t be acceptable and then someone comes out with that.

Seemingly it’s fine if it’s just ‘bantz’

A club has the right to ban people from its premises, in just the same way a pub or restaurant can. Basically, West Ham are saying, we want nothing to do with morons like you. Keep away.

I'm sure you have the intelligence to realise this.

Causing Intentional harassment, alarm or distress is an offence under the Public Order Act.

Mothy i think you should be stoned[ maybe not with real stones or else my point is losted] for such an offences post.How can you post this where is your humanity?

It's not really where i would want to go personally & think it's immoral & disgusting. I was questioning why a life ban was expected - as i didnt think legally he's done anything wrong (i wasn't there & dont know what what was said). But as others have pointed out - each club has the right of refusal to entry of whoever they so wish & so it is their (the clubs) choice. & they will likely be influenced by trial by social media etc. By the perrenially morally outraged - which is a sad state the country / world is getting itself into. Maybe justifiably in this case - but there are so many more where an individual error of judgement is costing jobs & lives - thanks to keyboard warriors righting the wrongs of events that they werent even party to

Last edited:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
It's not really where i would want to go personally & think it's immoral & disgusting. I was questioning why a life ban was expected - as i didnt think legally he's done anything wrong (i wasn't there & dont know what what was said). But as others have pointed out - each club has the right of refusal to entry of whoever they so wish & so it is their (the clubs) choice. & they will likely be influenced by trial by social media etc. By the perrenially morally outraged - which is a sad state the country / world is getting itself into. Maybe justifiably in this case - but there are so many more where an individual error of judgement is costing jobs & lives - thanks to keyboard warriors righting the wrongs of events that they werent even party to

F**king hell Mothy, you really don't get this do you.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Let's not pretend that we don't have degenerates of that sort "supporting" our club as well.

Even though he supports the Albion, that was completely wrong as well.

One hopes an apology and retraction of his comment was forthcoming.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011

I agree that people do get outraged and permanently offended about the slightest thing, but this is about someones f*cking dead son you dimwit.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Morally indefensible if correct ,the majority of people live by certain standards so illegal or not this has crossed the line by a very long margin.
I should imagine West Ham fans are extremely sickened and embarrassed by this individual...Very sad on all fronts.

SAC

May 21, 2014
West Brom expect no action to be taken against Livermore. If true, will this excuse other players if they take exception to someone shouting abuse at them or is it just exceptional circumstances?

What if Livermore did actually miss-hear the West Ham fan (as has been claimed)? He's understandably quite touchy about it so it is possible. Obviously calling him a Yid is unacceptable but less so that taunting him about his dead son, I would think.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
West Brom expect no action to be taken against Livermore. If true, will this excuse other players if they take exception to someone shouting abuse at them or is it just exceptional circumstances?

What if Livermore did actually miss-hear the West Ham fan (as has been claimed)? He's understandably quite touchy about it so it is possible. Obviously calling him a Yid is unacceptable but less so that taunting him about his dead son, I would think.

I'd expect West Brom to support their man, and take no action. The FA however, MUST surely apply some punishment. They can't turn a blind eye to a player wading into the crowd to attack a fan, however bad the verbal provocation. No chance they can be seen to set that precedent.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I'd expect West Brom to support their man, and take no action. The FA however, MUST surely apply some punishment. They can't turn a blind eye to a player wading into the crowd to attack a fan, however bad the verbal provocation. No chance they can be seen to set that precedent.

I suspect that he will be out for the rest of the season but he got away with failing a drugs test (using the same justification) so anything is possible.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Perhaps if more fans hurling abuse at players got a slap there would be less of it? You couldn’t abuse someone in the street and not expect some comeback so why should it be any different?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Keep digging

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Keep digging

I am not defending him - I've no idea who they are or what was said. But i am of the opinion that people who say bad things arent in the same league as people who actually do bad things. The reaction is as though he's a serial rapist or child killer. Who knows what was said & in what context - but people are free to be outraged of they wish

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here