Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jake Humphrey - what a tool

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He did have some nice things to say about Ashworth and the Amex.

Suspect his producer may have had a word in his ear.

The throat grab was a much bigger incident than Maupay throwing himself to the floor.
If on eof ours had done that, it would have been the main talking point.

It would have been the Producer though that made the decision to immediately focus on the nonsense after the final whistle and apparently completely forget the dramatic end to the actual football! You're right. Once they'd gathered their thoughts and the Pros had pretty much shot down the narrative, someone appeared to get a grip.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Isn't one of Rio's kids on our books? He was very positive talking about us.

Jake Humphrey has slagged us off on twitter before, he has a real dislike for us for some reason.

He made this comment before the end of last season, I think we can all agree it's aged very well.

[tweet]1122232475458199552[/tweet]

Yep, his son is a goalkeeper who will be with the U-15s in 2020-21.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
The BT Sport bosses must be very soft
I can't believe the amount of times that the likes of Ferdinand and Savage start their sentences with 'Listen'
If someone told me to listen each time I would tell them to whistle
Their bosses need to pull them up on this but as this has been going on so long they are too obviously too weak to have a word
It seems to be contagious as noticed lots of others pundits doing the same

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Rio Ferdinand- very complimentary about us before the game and after the game he really made Jake Humphries look stupid !! Stuck up for us and Maupay, especially praising Maupay’s post match interview! Probably not what the BT bosses wanted, seemed JH agenda was to create Maupay as a villain but didn’t work out that way !!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
He did have some nice things to say about Ashworth and the Amex.

Suspect his producer may have had a word in his ear.

The throat grab was a much bigger incident than Maupay throwing himself to the floor.
If on eof ours had done that, it would have been the main talking point.

Hopefully a retrospective red card coming the way of the David Luiz wannabe.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I thought Leno red card for handling outside the box. :shrug:

Contact sport, not sure I even saw a foul really, just saw a keeper shit himself when he realised how far out he was and a tiny bit of contact sent him into a twist.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
i was quite surprised at the start when he complimented us. Lost it completely afterwards. Fair play to Rio, as others have said. He knows the score, but then he's played the game and the Norwich muppet hasn't.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought Leno red card for handling outside the box. :shrug:

Contact sport, not sure I even saw a foul really, just saw a keeper shit himself when he realised how far out he was and a tiny bit of contact sent him into a twist.

50/50 challenge using the shoulder. Anywhere else on the pitch that's not even a free kick. But then we know keepers get special protection, especially in the Premier League.

Didn't stop Lacazette taking revenge on Ryan with a challenge that would have been a yellow anywhere on the pitch but Humphrey seemed to forget that.

Have BT got any other of our games? They're c:censored:s

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
JH is slowly becoming the smarmy arse kisser that Richard Keys became. Thinks he’s best mates with the players to the point where he feels he can opine. He should stick to presenting.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
i was quite surprised at the start when he complimented us. Lost it completely afterwards. Fair play to Rio, as others have said. He knows the score, but then he's played the game and the Norwich muppet hasn't.

Anchor's of these shows need something to fire up the discussion, but it falls flat if they pick something artificially.

There was so much Humphries could have picked up on, our 2nd half subs, Arsenal's lack of leadership, the superb injury time move and goal. But he showed himself up because he didn't have the intellectual capacity to work anything else out, so just went with the injury. Embarrassing.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Exactly!!

And at the end you could see that Humphries suddenly realised that !

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
JH is slowly becoming the smarmy arse kisser that Richard Keys became. Thinks he’s best mates with the players to the point where he feels he can opine. He should stick to presenting.

Maybe he's just the snowman, he must have at least one ability to justify his position.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Fairly sure that was what Muzza was laughing at when they cut to the touchline. Pathetic as it was, is it still not technically a punch and should be punished as such?

It was something and nothing but I remember Vincelot being sent off for similar against Burnley. However, the throat grab was right in front of Atkinson, who did nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20200620-201018_Cut Paste Photos.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here