Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jake Humphrey - what a tool

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'll change my tune if that happens, but it's difficult to feel any empathy for someone who is so busy telling us all how much better he is than us.
I’m always happy to take advice or listen to other’s stories - but when it becomes so pushy and ‘do this do that’ you instantly just think ‘f*** ypu’!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Something extremely irritating about him.

I saw his High Performance interview with Paul Barber the other day and just found his questions annoying and irritating.

PB came over excellent, we are so lucky to have him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've never taken much notice of the guy tbh. Why all the hate? Genuinely intrigued!
It started on here when he said Norwich were going to the PL and were going to be a breath of fresh air compared to boring Brighton (or something like that). Add in the fact that he's a complete throbber anyway, and ...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m always happy to take advice or listen to other’s stories - but when it becomes so pushy and ‘do this do that’ you instantly just think ‘f*** ypu’!

I could even take pushy if it was obviously good advice, as opposed to weird meaningless soundbites

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It looks like tonight's not a good one for former children's TV presenters...

Not knowing either of them personally (apart from having watching a game with JH from a hospitality box at Highbury), I couldn't comment on them - other than to say I can't contain my indifference about what they say/do.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I saw his High Performance interview with Paul Barber the other day and just found his questions annoying and irritating.

Was it that he does too much talking, in an unrelaxed manner, dominating proceedings?

The best presenters eg Mark Chapman gently steer all conversations to their guests, their own opinion not known.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It looks like tonight's not a good one for former children's TV presenters...

Not knowing either of them personally (apart from having watching a game with JH from a hospitality box at Highbury), I couldn't comment on them - other than to say I can't contain my indifference about what they say/do.
Indifference is the word. Who cares.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was it that he does too much talking, in an unrelaxed manner, dominating proceedings?

The best presenters eg Mark Chapman gently steer all conversations to their guests, their own opinion not known.
Which is what made Terry Wogan and Michael Parkinson so good at what they did :thumbsup:

Far too many presenters who seem to think we give a shit what they think these days, same as Sports commentators suggesting Brighton need to change their game plan and style to stay in a game they are losing. Self important morons, just commentate, we don’t want to hear your managerial suggestions.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

I really wanted to watch that but lasted 15 minutes. He is more Partridge than Partridge. Sat there is his ridiculous collar, legs astride, wedging in mention of his 300 employees whenever he could. And his opinion is fact. Haven't seen too much of him on BT but what I saw there confirms he is a Grade A <insert expletive of your choice>

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I really wanted to watch that but lasted 15 minutes. He is more Partridge than Partridge. Sat there is his ridiculous collar, legs astride, wedging in mention of his 300 employees whenever he could. And his opinion is fact. Haven't seen too much of him on BT but what I saw there confirms he is a Grade A <insert expletive of your choice>
Oih! He's got an OBE. Show some respect.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Which is what made Terry Wogan and Michael Parkinson so good at what they did :thumbsup:

Wogan, yes, Parkinson - are you having a laugh? He was a sleazy twat who loved himself

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wogan, yes, Parkinson - are you having a laugh? He was a sleazy twat who loved himself
I don’t ever recall Parkinson interrupting his guests with his own pearls of wisdom and anecdotes. Anyone who is a National tv presenter tends to love themselves and have an ego though don’t they?

Sleezy? Where did that come from?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don’t ever recall Parkinson interrupting his guests with his own pearls of wisdom and anecdotes. Anyone who is a National tv presenter tends to love themselves and have an ego though don’t they?

You're probably right there.

Sleezy? Where did that come from?
I have visions of him ogling Helen Mirren, and any other attractive woman. I appreciate that a lot of that sort of thing happened in the 70s, but that's still how I see him.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You're probably right there.

I have visions of him ogling Helen Mirren, and any other attractive woman. I appreciate that a lot of that sort of thing happened in the 70s, but that's still how I see him.
I’d have ogled Helen Mirren back then, as any red blooded male probably did :lolol:

These days I’d go with wearing dark glasses :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here