Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster-Caskey

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He wouldn't even be a pro footballer if it were not for the family door opener. He is simply bang average. The fact he's got U21 caps I actually find quite depressing as a fan of the national team (I also find Lingard being anywhere near the full team an equal low point).

However BHAFC didn't exactly help him by plastering his face all over the club shop front when he was 20 like some kind of Steven Gerrard type figurehead.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7614644 said:
Anyone have any idea what's happened to Jake at Rotherham?

Not played a single minute since the 3-0 defeat against Villa on 13th August.

He played in the 4-0 defeat to Barnsley at the end of August.
0-3, 0-4. Obviously not just one players fault, but still suggests a reason why he might have been dropped.

Out of contract at the end of this season anyway so we won't be seeing him again.
Probably this.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He is 2 years younger than Dunk who was getting pelters a couple of years ago and even last season. Difficult for the club, if they don't think he's going to make it they will want to make as much money shipping him out as possible, they won't do that while he's sulking on the Rotherham subs bench.

FWIW I think he'll be League One before long. Sounds as though the England U21 experience hasn't helped his ego.

I think the half season under Hyypia didn't do him any good at all - yes he was a regular starter but not in a position that played to his strengths and we were getting beaten most weeks which can't have done for his reputation or his confidence at all. He's not been the same since then. I also agree that his time with the U21's has probably given his ego the boost he wanted without having the talent on the pitch to back it up.

It's a shame as he does have skill and talent, but he just doesn't fit in a CH lineup, unless it's as a #10 but then he wouldn't be my or anyone's pick for that. Sad, but inevitable. Perhaps MK Dons can come in for him and take him back to L1.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I think the half season under Hyypia didn't do him any good at all - yes he was a regular starter but not in a position that played to his strengths and we were getting beaten most weeks which can't have done for his reputation or his confidence at all. He's not been the same since then. I also agree that his time with the U21's has probably given his ego the boost he wanted without having the talent on the pitch to back it up.

It's a shame as he does have skill and talent, but he just doesn't fit in a CH lineup, unless it's as a #10 but then he wouldn't be my or anyone's pick for that. Sad, but inevitable. Perhaps MK Dons can come in for him and take him back to L1.
Agree. To be honest i don't think his start helped. He scored a good header against a 10 men Saints and followed it up a week later with a tap in against non league Wrexham. He was only 17 at the time.(I think) and the myth of this great goalscoringattacking midfielder was born - people turned a blind eye during that couple of months as a regular under Gus to the fact that he just wasn't doing it after those first 2 games. He then put in a lot of hard working but limited appearances under Oscar before becoming something of a scapegoat under Sami. Isuspect a lot of it is down to those first 2 games and people expecting too much for no real reason.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whatever the rights and wrongs are, whether he's a still burgeoning talent, or whether he's pony, is all pretty irrelevant now. We've outgrown him - we've moved on to having midfielders of higher quality.
Time for him to move on (with our best wishes).

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Ballshit, where do you get this view from or is it purely your own?

The biggest problem for Jake is/was the hype.

As already said I found it an odd move for him to be going to a relegation battle, he should have gone back to MK Dons where he was doing well at the tail end of last season, pushing for promotion and gaining confidence. Being stuck up north in the arse end of no where is going to be difficult for anyone. Especially for a lad of only 22.

Its not bullshit or an opinion, I witnessed a very unsavoury incident involving JFC in Brighton one Saturday night last season just a few hours after he had appeared for MK Dons, the lad was pissed out of his head and acting like a complete tool. There was a particularly disturbing angle to his behaviour which was completely unacceptable, I'll leave it at that.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Its not bullshit or an opinion, I witnessed a very unsavoury incident involving JFC in Brighton one Saturday night last season just a few hours after he had appeared for MK Dons, the lad was pissed out of his head and acting like a complete tool. There was a particularly disturbing angle to his behaviour which was completely unacceptable, I'll leave it at that.

Ooh come on, tell us more. Did JFC jump the queue in KFC?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

You can't set up a story like that and then 'leave it like that'.
It goes against everything north stand chat is about.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Jfc is obviously not great but I wish we'd got rid when the England under21 hype was on as by holding onto him we are losing transfer value

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Same as most of our squad then.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Will end up at Crawley and then within a year be playing for Whitehawk.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sort of agree. He does seem to be a bit of a Benteke with even less talent, bigging himself up more than his contribution justifies. Sorry to say route is now loan to League 1/2 in Jan, get rid of asap to a lower League or non League outfit. Lasting memories are goal against Saints and wonder goal against Rotherham (ironically) but never moved on. You can't 'learn' for ever...

Doncaster

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We want him to get Championship experience if he's ever going to make it, but he's not good enough for most champ teams. The ones he can get into he doesn't suit yes. I'm sure an MK Dons loan whilst more mediorcity for him in L1 would have at least given him lots of games and a CHANCE at improving or gaining the RIGHT KIND of confidence

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I hope he doesn't destroy his career,Rotherham seemed an unusual choice for a player that ought to have his family around him. He will not get another contract with us,wake up call.....Big Time !!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I hope he doesn't destroy his career,Rotherham seemed an unusual choice for a player that ought to have his family around him. He will not get another contract with us,wake up call.....Big Time !!!

Did he have much choice? The one I recall him having was signing perminantly or on loan

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7614644 said:
Anyone have any idea what's happened to Jake at Rotherham?

Not played a single minute since the 3-0 defeat against Villa on 13th August. Largely he seems to have been an unused substitute, although on a few occasions he hasn't even made the bench.

Doesn't seem to be going well for him up there :(

Anybody have a Rotherham supporting mate who can offer some insight? I thought he'd do OK for them.

Dude your username is awesome. How do you get it to look like that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here