Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster-Caskey

Stumpy Tim

I haven't seen enough of Towelll but get the feeling that CH doesn't rate him if not he would have made more appearances on the bench.
For that reason I would rather keep JFC and loan out Towell. The problem as mentioned by others is that JFC probably doesn't fit into a 442, that said not too sure that Towell would either. Doth players will have limited opportunities with Kayak, Stephens and Sidwell in the squad.

I think that's a little unfair on Hughton in relation to not rating Towell. It was always going to be a huge effort for Richie to get past Kayal & Stephens when we were challenging for promotion and they were playing so well. Sidwell has a proven track record in the Premier League and even he was only back-up. I personally see this as a huge pre-season for Towell... he needs to really take advantage of the minutes that he most certainly will get. If he plays well and scores goals, he'll be in a good spot to start at Derby with Stephens suspended

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think that's a little unfair on Hughton in relation to not rating Towell. It was always going to be a huge effort for Richie to get past Kayal & Stephens when we were challenging for promotion and they were playing so well. Sidwell has a proven track record in the Premier League and even he was only back-up. I personally see this as a huge pre-season for Towell... he needs to really take advantage of the minutes that he most certainly will get. If he plays well and scores goals, he'll be in a good spot to start at Derby with Stephens suspended

I personally can't see Towel getting near the first team and he should be the one going out on loan while JFC takes the next step up after a good loan spell at MKD.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Absolutely, he could be. Hence the large sell on clause. Don't think he'll bloom here though as he won't work in a 4-4-2, probably needs a more free central midfield role than having to get up and down the pitch.

If he leaves, I hope he goes on to do well. Another victim of being over hyped at a young age.

I agree.....we only need to look at what happened to Tommy Elphick and to a Lesser, but,yet could happen to Steve Cook...

Although i think we will all agree,in Tommy's case,especially,we perhaps we sorry to see him depart.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
League 1 is right for him even though he started well at a struggling MKD's....nowhere near good enough and he's done nothing of note for years.

Sell ASAP

To say that he is nowhere near good enough and has done nothing for years, is a tad harsh l think.

More a case of him not fitting into Chris Hughton's style of play I feel, After all, he did well under Gus, and for a time, positively flourished in Oscar Garcia's system.

Still good enough to grace the Championship in my opinion, but it won't be in an Albion shirt.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Sidwell or Rosenior will replace Stephens, not Towell. The guy has nowhere near proved himself in League football, and is still largely an unknown quantity.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He was one of those pictured at the Cheltenham races whilst on loan at MK Dons, whilst he wasn't involved in the pissing in the glass business there have been other off the filed issues since then that the club have been less than impressed with.

It's a real shame if true as he really did look like he had the raw ingredients to be a very good player. His Dad was similar in a way.

Stumpy Tim

Sidwell or Rosenior will replace Stephens, not Towell. The guy has nowhere near proved himself in League football, and is still largely an unknown quantity.

While I agree it'll likely be Sidwell, how does Towell not become an unknown quantity? He needs games to become known. By your logic you would also never give any player ever a chance.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's like playing Championship manager only to find one of your favourite players has a poor attributes. You stick with him for a season or so but eventually you bin him off and bring in someone new.

No room for sentiment, if your not in the managers plans then it's time to move on

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To say that he is nowhere near good enough and has done nothing for years, is a tad harsh l think.

More a case of him not fitting into Chris Hughton's style of play I feel, After all, he did well under Gus, and for a time, positively flourished in Oscar Garcia's system.

Still good enough to grace the Championship in my opinion, but it won't be in an Albion shirt.

Yes, I think this could be one that leaves us scratching our heads, as he progresses elsewhere.

He is just a lot better further forward and more recently, he always seems to get more of a holding role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Wasn't he Mr 6 out of 10 every game just solidly ticking along. Hard to understand how he has such split opinions. Sideways and simple player? Hard to love or hate?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Wasn't he Mr 6 out of 10 every game just solidly ticking along. Hard to understand how he has such split opinions. Sideways and simple player? Hard to love or hate?

I think it might be more to do with the early promise he showed, maybe some expected a wee bit too much of the lad.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
While I agree it'll likely be Sidwell, how does Towell not become an unknown quantity? He needs games to become known. By your logic you would also never give any player ever a chance.

I take your point, but feel he needs more development games under his belt, and to be introduced gradually. After all, how many times has been named as a sub for the first team?, not too many.

He will get plenty of minutes for the first team this season, but it won't happen straight away. We all need to be a bit more patient I think..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here