Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster-Caskey

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Jake seems like one of those youngsters who need a bit more strength to be brilliant, he's got the skills, now he needs the physicality that the championship demands. He will be running the Albion midfield in a couple of years, maybe sooner.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Don't lose sight of the fact, that in order to attract kids the the academy, we have to show them that there is a genuine route to the first team so JFC getting a number of games is excellent all round. I agree he'll struggle to get games when/if we are at full fitness. Let's just cross that bridge when we come to it.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
'Really pleased for the kid today. Let's hope he builds on today's performance (& his brilliant-sounding goal!) - & goes from strength to strength in the stripes. :clap2:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I reckon his step dad told him to keep his head down and your time will come. Was never going to get a look in under Poyet and before people say he did, he didn't. Came in against Saints, because of crippling injury and suspension list, done really well for three games then never seen again, after a average performance against a prem side.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Came in against Saints, because of crippling injury and suspension list, done really well for three games then never seen again, after a average performance against a prem side.

He should have got more game time agreed but the midfield we had last season would have been hard for most 18 year olds to break into

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Not so long ago our youth system was giving Championship starts to Chris McPhee and Shaun Wilkinson,

JFC's emergence is promising,

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He should have got more game time agreed but the midfield we had last season would have been hard for most 18 year olds to break into

Can't disagree with that, but he should have been a regular on a 7 man bench and got minutes under his belt. Not just tossed away and forgotten about.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
I reckon his step dad told him to keep his head down and your time will come. Was never going to get a look in under Poyet and before people say he did, he didn't. Came in against Saints, because of crippling injury and suspension list, done really well for three games then never seen again, after a average performance against a prem side.

He made his debut at Coventry away new years eve 2011.on at 66 mins for Harley. Wrong again Poyet hater.

Actually I got that wrong.

After a man-of-the-match performance during the Sussex Senior Cup final, whilst scoring twice during a 4–0 victory over Bognor Regis Town,[6][7] Forster-Caskey was once again named as a substitute for Brighton's final game of the 2009–10 season against Yeovil Town.[8] During the match he became the youngest player to feature in the Brighton first team when he made his debut as a substitute in the 76th minute.

Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
He has the talent no doubt. Trouble is he tends to drift in and out of games at the moment probably due to inexperience. If given time he will get better and better, hopefully Oscar will give him that. Gus didn't.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I think that's a bit harsh on Poyet. JFC did well against Saints but looked totally out if his depth against Newcastle. Last season, when we had a real chance of promotion to the big time, and the players to do so, was not the time to blood a kid in the first team. This season, when we're in a transitional period and are short of fit midfielders and are not expected to seriously challenge for promotion, is. We have a long history of mistakes when it comes to blooding youth prospects too soon (see Jake Robinson, Dean Cox etc), and I for one are glad we are doing things the right way now. We don't want him to be burnt out when he's 28, as happens to so many young prospects who are blooded too soon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How many Albion midfielders have scored from 35 yards in the last 10 years? At 19 that's special.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
First half was his best 45 minutes in an Albion shirt, capped with a great goal. More peripheral in second half and wisely substituted.

Very silly yellow card.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here