Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster-Caskey - what exactly does he do?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I like Caskey, but I think he needs two stong CM's with him. A traingle with Ince and Holla behind him would work well. Not putting him with Gardner.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I know we're frustrated but picking on a promising young player isn't going to help.

I am concerned about his development though. Do we remember when he had that run of games in the Championship very early in his career under Poyet and he looked a massive goalscoring threat, he took up good positions and I think he scored a couple? Where's that gone?

His set pieces are terrible but he's not the only one. It really works against him as they are visible mistakes, personally I don't think he should be near them, who's better though?

He needs an experienced head in there with him and someone who will do the dirtier work, Andrews/Ince and Crofts was perfect for him last year.

Changing subject slightly, pretty much every game I've seen this year Ince has been awful. Poor positioning, lack of composure, terrible distribution, I don't hear him copping stick.

Can we not let JFC turn into another Barnes situation?

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
So you can't see what the England U21 manager and our manager sees in him? Bearing in mind their jobs depend on results you still can't see why they pick him?
Not sure I can help you.

He explained in his last interview that he doesn't get as much time on the ball in the championship as in international games. He said he found it hard work and differcult to play. Basically he doesn't really know why he is in the team every week either? Sums it up really! !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hes better than all our other fit central midfielders thats why

This and for England he plays further up the pitch. JFC is not and will never will be a midfield "enforcer". He is almost what you would call a playmaker.

Bit like Sami playing Crofts on the left wing and KLL in centre mid at the beginning on the season. Clueless finnish ****wit.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I know we're frustrated but picking on a promising young player isn't going to help.

I am concerned about his development though. Do we remember when he had that run of games in the Championship very early in his career under Poyet and he looked a massive goalscoring threat, he took up good positions and I think he scored a couple? Where's that gone?

His set pieces are terrible but he's not the only one. It really works against him as they are visible mistakes, personally I don't think he should be near them, who's better though?

He needs an experienced head in there with him and someone who will do the dirtier work, Andrews/Ince and Crofts was perfect for him last year.

Changing subject slightly, pretty much every game I've seen this year Ince has been awful. Poor positioning, lack of composure, terrible distribution, I don't hear him copping stick.

This.

The amount of stick that came in for Barnes, a player that may not have been the most talented but gave his all week in week out, was quite ludicrous. We could really do with a player like Barnes in the team now.

JFC appears to be going the same way... a Brighton lad, tries his hardest, turns in good performances for England under 21's, and is started week in week out by Sami. He's being played out of position... he's an attack minded midfielder naturally.

I may be wrong, but pretty sure he is our most experienced central midfielder at championship level (or there or there abouts)... and he's 20 years old for god sake. He needs an experienced head alongside him. He has a tremendous amount of pressure on his young shoulders playing in a pivotal position of the park, a bad game won't go unnoticed in the same way that it could for a winger.

Really don't understand the hate towards him? A loanee showing no interest in playing for the shirt... fair play, hate all you want. But a young Brighton lad, one of our own... who tries his best for the team? Everyone has their opinion, and I agree that his form doesn't justify a starting spot every single game. It's not his fault that he's being picked though is it?

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Keeps the ball better than any of other defenders
Highest completed pass rate of all our players
Provides cover for defence and covers great about of pitch
Plays as though he gives a shit
Has developed this season better than Ince
Consistent pick for England U21s
Yes you're right he is shit.

You forgot * Looks good on the Club shop window*

Mate of mine suggests this could be one reason why he hasn't been dropped. Would look silly if the Club Poster boy doesn't get near the first team.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

There have been many promising youngsters, but if he is picked he should be good enough. Does he receive promising youngsters wages, do we get a reduction in our prices because he is only a promising youngster, no. What on earth is this manager doing with him and why does he appear on nearly every set piece play when it was clear months ago its not his speciality, ffs. Captain calamity, steering the ship of despair onto the rocks of no hope!! Its time to send up the maroons.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
There have been many promising youngsters, but if he is picked he should be good enough. Does he receive promising youngsters wages, do we get a reduction in our prices because he is only a promising youngster, no. What on earth is this manager doing with him and why does he appear on nearly every set piece play when it was clear months ago its not his speciality, ffs. Captain calamity, steering the ship of despair onto the rocks of no hope!! Its time to send up the maroons.

I don't think the manager knows what to do with him. I've seen JFC have good games further up the pitch, I am not convinced about him on his own or part of a two sat in front of the back 4, it's just not his game.

It is noticable that for the U21's he plays far more advanced than we generally allow him to. He also rarely takes set pieces.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Has has always done the job the manager has asked him to do (Oscar and Hyppia) even though it is not his natural position.
However, he did not get the summer off as he was away with England in the summer and does not get the breaks during International weeks either.
He has been playing non stop for over a year.
I feel he may benefit from either a break or place on the bench to gain some recovery time.
Or we could have a young player burnt out...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Has has always done the job the manager has asked him to do (Oscar and Hyppia) even though it is not his natural position.
However, he did not get the summer off as he was away with England in the summer and does not get the breaks during International weeks either.
He has been playing non stop for over a year.
I feel he may benefit from either a break or place on the bench to gain some recovery time.
Or we could have a young player burnt out...

Absolutely right.

Being taken out of a struggling team for a game or two to recharge his batteries can only help. It might also be a case of his absence making some people realise what he brings to the team when he's there. (Including me).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here