Jake Caskey

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he is as good as his old man (thats Darren, not Forster) then we have a player on our hands. As long as he does not go down the same route as his old man did.

I said that to my brother but he reckoned Darren Caskey was a fat useless player when at Spurs and Reading I disagreed about the useless bit.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I said that to my brother but he reckoned Darren Caskey was a fat useless player when at Spurs and Reading I disagreed about the useless bit.

He was captain of the successful England U20 world championship winning team which included Gallen and Fowler, amongst others. I reckon Tottenham were the most dissappointed with his persistant injuries and poor attitude towards fitness and training. I don't believe anybody can deny his ability...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Darren was deffo fat, not so sure about the useless..Very gifted player just could not always be bothered. With the right attitude could have been top draw, just liked his distractions a bit to much, allegedlly!

B-boi

Jan 31, 2009
B-town
I though it was really touching when Gus gave him a hug just before he went on. Like a dad sending his child off to his first day at school. He looked very composed on the ball and hopefully we'll see more of him next season!

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007

Spurs must have agreed with your brother as Caskey only made 32 appearences scoring 4 goals for a mid table side. His career at Reading was mostly in the 3rd division.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3494245 said:
Does anyone know if he'll still be able to beat Jacob Robinson's record of youngest goalscorer?

Caskey has plenty of time to beat Robinson as the youngest scorer. Jake Robinson first goal for us came 10 days before his 17th birthday against Forest Green Rovers in a 1-0 win in the Football League Trophy.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Impressd with Caskey, he fitted in immediately to the Gus approach of 'keep ball'.

Reminded me a little of Jeff Minton.

Only depressing thing, he is YOUNGER THAN MY SON (makes me feel v old).

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports