Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Bugg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, how was it? Did you get in? Should I go and buy some tickets today?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I went last night, Cracking gig, Well worth checking him out if you have a chance. He reminded me of a young Noel Gallagher. An excellent young talent.

There was a young girl supporting called Valerie June playing old Mississippi blues tunes who was fantastic as well.

Best £12 I've spent on a gig in ages.

That said I think he might be swallowed up somewhere as big as the Brighton centre because of the ballads being spoken over by inconsiderate twats.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So, how was it? Did you get in? Should I go and buy some tickets today?

Thanks to [MENTION=5120]scooter1[/MENTION] I got a ticket, top man, thanks. He was excellent, get your tickets, it'll be well worth it. How an 18 year old can perform with that level of confidence, and produce songs and lyrics with that level of maturity is beyond me. Really enjoyed it. Django Django on Thursday next!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks to [MENTION=5120]scooter1[/MENTION] I got a ticket, top man, thanks. He was excellent, get your tickets, it'll be well worth it. How an 18 year old can perform with that level of confidence, and produce songs and lyrics with that level of maturity is beyond me. Really enjoyed it. Django Django on Thursday next!

Right, I'll get some tickets today. Thanks.

That Django Django album is one of my favourites of last year, a belter of a long player. I saw a couple of times last year and they're great fun. Enjoy. Is this the NME tour?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Right, I'll get some tickets today. Thanks.

That Django Django album is one of my favourites of last year, a belter of a long player. I saw a couple of times last year and they're great fun. Enjoy. Is this the NME tour?

Sure is. Miles Kane, Palma Violets and Peace also on the bill.

I think the Django Django album is my absolute favourite of last year, so I'm mostly looking forward to them. I missed them at The Concorde, which was a bummer, but I love The Dome, and think they're made for it.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I saw him on the Jonathon Ross Show when it was aired here.............................what's all the fuss about.

have you heard his album?? ...the fuss is that if you like guitar bands such as Noel Gallagher, Paul Weller,
Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys..he might be your cup of tea. After he has toured this album for a couple years we shall see what he does with
the "diffucult 2nd album" but i think first ones defo worth a listen..
He might play big day out next year in Perth but too big to play at Yanchep Inn :))

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Seeing at the Brighton Centre - got tickets which means sods law the Albion will be playing that night :(

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm sure I remember something about the Brighton Centre being redeveloped or knocked down and being rebuilt. Did this ever go anywhere? I've boycotted the place, even taking into account the size of the venue, it is truly awful.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I'm sure I remember something about the Brighton Centre being redeveloped or knocked down and being rebuilt. Did this ever go anywhere? I've boycotted the place, even taking into account the size of the venue, it is truly awful.

think they spent a million, so the size of thast place it wouldnt have gone far...new frontage etc, still a souless big hall with shite acoustics.
Apart from that I love it :)))

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
have you heard his album?? ...the fuss is that if you like guitar bands such as Noel Gallagher, Paul Weller,
Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys..he might be your cup of tea. After he has toured this album for a couple years we shall see what he does with
He might play big day out next year in Perth but too big to play at Yanchep Inn :))

I love this genre of music. I see this kid as the poundland version of Bob Dylan. He is gunna die the same death as say the Kooks.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

I play sax although I do like guitar work done well, I'll have a listen of a few tracks on Youtube you knever know.
Like the comment about the Yanchep Inn, he he.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He said he works his ass off and writes all his songs, and other people like 1D coast along, songs aren't personal, what he was saying

Wow. He's still a corparate whore though isn't he. Major record labels do nothing for music, they simply don't care. If a record of Simon Cowell farting sold, they'd sell it. Why prop up the institutions that allow 1D & the Brits to exist?

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I play sax although I do like guitar work done well, I'll have a listen of a few tracks on Youtube you knever know.
Like the comment about the Yanchep Inn, he he.

a few mates live in Yanchep & im jealous..ive been out there couple times...perth is great ur lucky :))

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yet he's happy to be a money making machine for one of the biggest record labels in the world, absolute hypocrite. You're either part of the "industry" or you're not. Simple.

I struggle to see how these two opinions are at odds with his record deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here