Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jahanbakhsh - best game to date?

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Maybe his best game but still appears not understand how to play the way Chris wants him to. He left Bernado exposed a lot and besides a few times when he cut inside I wasn't that impressed with him going forward. Unlucky when he hit the bar though.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
As with others, he has clearly needed time to adjust to the pace and physicality of English football along with the relative indifference of English referees...looks like he's close to sussing it now though.

I'd be reluctant to judge any performance made against a dog turd Huddersfield team that haven't won an away game all season, have a negative GD of nearly 40 and are all but relegated already. If these players can put in a performance vs. Palace away - well that is a different matter.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It was the first time he’s looked like a footballer to be honest and I’m happy for the guy. But he needs more than this performance where he had no end product to convince me that this is the norm rather than the crap he’s served up in every game before today. But genuinely, I hope he finds that level.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Always shown glimpses of class IMHO. Just needs a run in the team and to get used to the step up being in the Prem.

He'll be a class buy.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I was surprised by the negativity he got after the Derby game.
I thought he did ok then and the same again today.

He has played well against the championship teams we have faced - including today's opponents - I believe in Ali.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
His best performance in a wide role thats for sure , actually think the cup game at West Brom when he played the No.10 role was his best actual game for us so far

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Did anyone think his shot was going anywhere close until it thumped against the bar?

Seemed to be drifting over in slow-motion, their keeper watching it and then, suddenly, it smashed aghast the bar.

We were in direct line of the shot in ESU and at first it looked somewhat wild, but then watched the ball dip ever closer, and I actually thought it would be the first goal. Shame -would have been really good for his confidence.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Definitely, the shot apart, still thought he was ordinary in the first half (along with the rest of them).

Second half was excellent for a spell.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmm, he sees good passes quickly, sometimes without it being noticed. I thought he was great all day. He also showed some trickery and determination. I would have liked to have seen Stephens taken off for Izquierdo, and Ali J brought into the middle with Izzy out wide but what do I know? Stephens would have cost us goals with his crappy passing and slowness today were we playing someone other than the very shittest side I have seen all season. I normally like Stephens, too.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
if he starts next week it would be delicious if he bags the winner against Palarse. Turn him very quickly into a fans hero

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Did anyone think his shot was going anywhere close until it thumped against the bar?

Seemed to be drifting over in slow-motion, their keeper watching it and then, suddenly, it smashed against the bar.
Agreed. Would have been the most stunning of all stunning goals had it ended up a couple of inches lower and in the goal. The complete stillness of the goalkeeper added to the impression it was nowhere near.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Mmmm, he sees good passes quickly, sometimes without it being noticed. I thought he was great all day. He also showed some trickery and determination. I would have liked to have seen Stephens taken off for Izquierdo, and Ali J brought into the middle with Izzy out wide but what do I know? Stephens would have cost us goals with his crappy passing and slowness today were we playing someone other than the very shittest side I have seen all season. I normally like Stephens, too.

TV commentator here thought Stephens was outstanding in the second half.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
AJ played well, from the West it looked like a cross but wow, it would have been immense for his confidence had it gone in.

I was surprised he got subbed instead of 'Le hamster dans une roue'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
TV commentator here thought Stephens was outstanding in the second half.

Like I said.....what do I know? He did do some good things as the game went on but against half decent oppos he'd have given away one, maybe more.

Anyway, we were turgid for the first 30 minutes. I though something had crawled up my jacksy and hibernated itself in my bowels, so torpid were I feeling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here