Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jacks Pads

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Anyone think of a tune for this "Jack Hinshelwood is one of our lads he uses prawn crackers as shin pads
1703002564548.jpeg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think players need to start wearing football boots instead of lounge lizard slippers. Shin pads are kind of irrelevant these days.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Under Law 4 in the Laws of the Game, shinpads are “basic compulsory equipment” - they have to be worn by all players on the pitch at all times. (https://www.thefa.com/football-rule...ws/football-5-5/law-4---the-players-equipment)

However, it doesn’t say anything in the Laws about their size or effectiveness.

Many players (including Hinsh, apparently) simply wear tiny ones like that as a token to fulfil the requirement, foregoing protection for comfort/mobility.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Jack Hinshelwood's a seagull
Just like his old Dad
He uses a prawn cracker
Instead of a shin pad
Just like his dear old Dad - scans better

Shades of Ramirez at Middlesbrough!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
With the speed and strength of athletes at the top level, this is insane to me; a certified wuss.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I think players need to start wearing football boots instead of lounge lizard slippers. Shin pads are kind of irrelevant these days.
Why do you feel that shin pads are irrelevant these days? I went without them for a few years, my shins were black and blue all week, until the next match. I was told by someone that you could end up with poor circulation and ulcers in my legs.so I decided to go all in on a biodegradable retractable Bamboo that tucked into cotton sleeves shin pads.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe the boots could have special inserts, er, inserted, to stop them wellying over the bar 9 times out of 10
Or a pair of these. And then we can enjoy the renaissance of the toe punt and the pea-roller.

1703004118605.png

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
On new shin guards and boots. My mate got turned away from football training in the late 60’s because he was wearing ballet shoe’s according to the old git that trained us. I think they were like Alan Balls….

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Under Law 4 in the Laws of the Game, shinpads are “basic compulsory equipment” - they have to be worn by all players on the pitch at all times. (https://www.thefa.com/football-rule...ws/football-5-5/law-4---the-players-equipment)

However, it doesn’t say anything in the Laws about their size or effectiveness.

Many players (including Hinsh, apparently) simply wear tiny ones like that as a token to fulfil the requirement, foregoing protection for comfort/mobility.
And maybe, by the rules, they don't have to be worn on the shin... perhaps strap them to an arm so the legs are unencumbered for shooting.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That might explain Pascal's pace if he has cricket pads on instead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here