Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Wiltshire injured

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He makes Will Buckley and Vicente look like the most fit players in football. Constantly injured.

He will be fin for Brazil, right up until he hurts himself getting on the plane.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Wilshere played Xavi and Iniesta off the park a couple of years ago in a champions league match, so he definitely has the ability.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Aren't we 98 days from the world cup. Being out for 8 weeks (56 days) still gives him 6 weeks to get ready.....unless I've got that completely wrong?

He would almost be fresher and in better condition having this time off now....ironically.

It effectively gives him 5 games for Arsenal before the squad is announced I believe. Personally, I don't think England would miss him. But that's nothing to do with the silly post earlier about him not scoring many goals.

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
He is TOTALLY over-rated:

1. 4 league goals for Arsenal in 4 seasons.
2. 15 apps, 0 goals for England in 4 seasons.
3. Totally unable to keep himself fit.

What a TOTALLY silly comment.

Best ball player in the England squad.
More committed than the majority on the park last night.
Will be at his peak at the World Cup
Was taken out by a Liverpool player - say no more.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Those players were never touted as being England's saviour though. When I say over-rated I mean a lot of media and football people making him seem like England's answer to Xavi or Iniesta. Sure, you'll get the odd good game out of him once in a while, but he doesn't impose himself on a match like the Spanish duo, or have that durability.

Cleverley was touted as England's saviour. He's far worse

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Aren't we 98 days from the world cup. Being out for 8 weeks (56 days) still gives him 6 weeks to get ready.....unless I've got that completely wrong?

He would almost be fresher and in better condition having this time off now....ironically.

You're not a Lloyd's underwriter are you? You'd keep the risk premium on a flooded house costing £40k to repair at its previous level of £300pa ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A few short memories on here. Granted, we're only a Championship side , but Arsenal weren't all that when we played them last season- Wilshere was one of two players who came on and turned it in their favour. Up until then, I thought we could get something out of that game.

Good player by the standards of most English midfielders. World class/ saviour of English football? I'm not sure yet: he has plenty to prove, but he does have the potential to be pretty bloody good. If he doesn't break.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Well what does he expect to happen going into a 50/50 challenge and using the outside of the foot :shrug:

If he'd actually made contact with the ball none of this would be an issue. Instead he missed it completely and kicked Agger's foot instead

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Wilshere played Xavi and Iniesta off the park a couple of years ago in a champions league match, so he definitely has the ability.

Agree with the sentiment but sadly the ability to apply his skills is lacking.
He will doubtless go to Brazil but you just know he will end the tournament with less than 90 minutes under his belt in total..

For that reason only I wouldn't take him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ah yes. The classic "how good a footballer is based on his goal scored stats". Lovely effort.

Totally ignoring my point he is never fit. And this isn't just major unlucky injuries, it's going off with the slightest of knocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here