Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw's Academy Watch No. 1. Bonfire Night Monster Edition.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Great pics, Jack. Thanks for posting those, it's certainly coming along nicely.

Looks like the grass beat you to it this time. I remember the one you took of the first blades of grass coming up at the Amex.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Lot 17 picture 1, thats a very large building, is it the injury treatment block?
I don't know what function this particular bit is for, but it's part of the main building, the three-bladed propeller shaped one.
The building on its own in Lot 2 is the groundsman's shed. It's huge. All the other photos are of the main building.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
That car park would make a great park and ride.

TB

I agree - and had quite a debate on this forum about a P&R from that area with Lord Bracknell a year or two back. His feeling was that the journey was too far for the buses but I'm not so sure it is - it can only be a few minutes further than Mill Road as it's dual carriageway all the way.

Overall it looks a beast of a building just for playing a bit of football.

We're going from the ridiculous to the sublime!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Magic_roundabout.jpg

attachment.php

???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I agree - and had quite a debate on this forum about a P&R from that area with Lord Bracknell a year or two back. His feeling was that the journey was too far for the buses but I'm not so sure it is - it can only be a few minutes further than Mill Road as it's dual carriageway all the way.

It's 12 miles from the training ground to the stadium - the same distance, give or take, as Hickstead to the stadium, and that was rejected as being too far.

It's just over 4 miles from Mill Road to the stadium.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Great stuff JS - Good to have you back posting pics!
Seeing it like this, there is just no way it won't produce talent. It's a monster of a place. Most teams could only dream of having a facility like this.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That car park would make a great park and ride.

TB

It would have been perfect if only that idiot Bloom had built the stadium in Pende.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's 12 miles from the training ground to the stadium - the same distance, give or take, as Hickstead to the stadium, and that was rejected as being too far.

It's just over 4 miles from Mill Road to the stadium.

You are correct. 12.4 miles from Lancing on the A27 and 12 miles from Hickstead - both showing as 16 minutes drive ob google maps.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
What I love about both the Amex and new training facilities are that they are both buildings with architectural merit. They contribute to and enhance their settings. We're not throwing up any old cheap and nasty tosh that will date and look shabby in a few years time. That vision secures a lot more than than great facilities it contributes to the City by creating landmark buildings. I love the fact our club is lead by people with the intelligence to see the long term benefits. We have a very bright future ahead of us :clap2:

Thanks Jack and a welcome return to your picture diaries. Will this be a regular occurrence or just a random event when you're allowed in by the club?

Seeing the training ground and associated buildings going up got me wondering if the new buildings are anywhere near a zero carbon standard. Even though training academies are not included in FFP surely the cheaper it is to heat and light the place then the better it is for the club as a whole. Does anyone know if the buildings will be anywhere near a zero carbon standard?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Nice photos.

It's reminded me that in spite of the fact we've been there for over two years, I somehow miss the Friday afternoon photo updates JS used to treat us to.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
With thanks to Paul Hazelwood who arranged for me to accompany him around the site today.
17, yes, 17 lots of 5 coming up! This may take a while, so please be patient.

Narrow entrance to the training ground is perfect for future transfer deadline days, think of all the little local scroats and SSN presenters that crowd around there!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
What I love about both the Amex and new training facilities are that they are both buildings with architectural merit. They contribute to and enhance their settings. We're not throwing up any old cheap and nasty tosh that will date and look shabby in a few years time. That vision secures a lot more than than great facilities it contributes to the City by creating landmark buildings. I love the fact our club is lead by people with the intelligence to see the long term benefits. We have a very bright future ahead of us :clap2:

Yes, but which one is the pie shop ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here